2019 President's Cruise

dijo

50 minutes ago, Andy C said:

1 pin not staying in a suite is too many. Just 1. If you’re not staying in a suite you shouldn’t have a benefit that is falsely marketed to potential Royal Suite class guests as an exclusive benefit when it is not. 

That is entirely your opinion, and while crowding is an issue on some voyages, Royal does not agree with your extreme views.

FWIW, Royal also markets SL/CK access to their Pinnacle members.  

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So is there now a Presidents Cruise in Europe 2019 and a 50th Anniversary Cruise too (Miami)?

Why not have two.  Good marketing.  

The excursion does say say it is exclusive for the President’s cruise, and Indy is the only ship in port that date.   Price for the cruise is up 20% from when we booked 9 months ago.  Maybe they will announce and get a good premium on the remaining cabins.

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That is entirely your opinion, and while crowding is an issue on some voyages, Royal does not agree with your extreme views.

FWIW, Royal also markets SL/CK access to their Pinnacle members.  

My opinion?  Royal does not make a single mention in all it's Suite Class collateral that you will be sharing an exclusive space with another group of people that number in the hundreds or thousands.  

The only reason you think my view is extreme is because you are precisely the population I am targeting - a non suite paying guest occupying space that is marketed to suite paying passengers as exclusive WHEN IT IS NOT EXCLUSIVE.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Andy C said:

My opinion?  Royal does not make a single mention in all it's Suite Class collateral that you will be sharing an exclusive space with another group of people that number in the hundreds or thousands.  

The only reason you think my view is extreme is because you are precisely the population I am targeting - a non suite paying guest occupying space that is marketed to suite paying passengers as exclusive WHEN IT IS NOT EXCLUSIVE.  

You're a wee bit hung up on exclusive .

Makes you sound elitist and foolish.

Carry on

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You're a wee bit hung up on exclusive .

Makes you sound elitist and foolish.

Carry on

"Exclusive" is precisely the language that RCI uses in their marketing collateral.  

When the policy changes - and it will - your key card won't work anymore to let you into a lounge that RCI says is Exclusive to people who actually pay for a suite.  

40 minutes ago, Andy C said:

"Exclusive" is precisely the language that RCI uses in their marketing collateral.  

When the policy changes - and it will - your key card won't work anymore to let you into a lounge that RCI says is Exclusive to people who actually pay for a suite.  

The Crown & Anchor® Society is our way of recognizing and rewarding our most loyal guests. As a member, you’ll receive exclusive benefits and privileges to make your cruise experiences with Royal Caribbean International® even more spectacular.

Apparently Royals marketing department likes to throw around the word 'exclusive' to just about anybody

• Member Benefits - From onboard discounts to exclusive events and a dedicated Loyalty Call Center; the benefits begin immediately.
  • Special Offers - Great deals on last minute sailings, exclusive rates on Balcony & Suites, and Bonus Offer when booking onboard.
  • Benefits on Land - Exclusive benefits with participating corporate partners, from discounts to special access.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

I mentioned earlier in this thread that it was possible a Europe Presidents Cruise was likely but the CC hawks said otherwise. Interested to see what happens. 

We would be very interested in another Presidents Cruise out of Europe, especially if it was on Oasis. We have no interest in participating in the 50th Anniversary Cruise. 

We stay in Suites and we didn’t feel the SL/CK experience was up to par with past cruises nor did we get the full value of booking a Suite. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I mentioned earlier in this thread that it was possible a Europe Presidents Cruise was likely but the CC hawks said otherwise. Interested to see what happens. 

We would be very interested in another Presidents Cruise out of Europe, especially if it was on Oasis. We have no interest in participating in the 50th Anniversary Cruise. 

We stay in Suites and we didn’t feel the SL/CK experience was up to par with past cruises nor did we get the full value of booking a Suite. 

It will be interesting to see.  They list that excursion as an exclusive for the President’s cruise, but it would probably be unusual for it to be a 14 day cruise.  

We will see.