Carnival Vista Itinerary Change

mah/pah

Booked on Vista Nov 25, 2018 departure out of Galveston. Just noticed itinerary changed - reversed order of ports - no problem and aware of Carnival change policy - BUT, 1. No notice from Carnival - discovered on own, 2. When I called their Customer Service, they claim it was never changed (I have printouts if the original itinerary, which differs from what is now posted on line and what their staff recited). Anyone else on 11/25/18 Vista notice this? Anyone know the reason for the apparent change?

No dock room.

Still waiting for a response from Nachi Cocom ... I'm nervous they will be full for our new date. Good luck with yours!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Have you been to Nachi Cocom before? If so, regardless if full they will accommodate you as a repeat guest.

It's not Carnivals responsibility to make sure that private excursion companys makes money. As far as Carnival's "mission statement" goes, that should be the mission statement of every company, whether they admit it or not.. If a business doesn't make a profit how do they stay in business?

It’s not Carnival’s responsibility to make sure private tour operators make money, but it is their responsibility to let paying passengers know in advance that they are not getting what they expected when they expected it.

Sure, the contract says they can change at anytime for any reason, but it is customary and expected that passengers don’t wake up in Cozumel Tuesday morning when they thought they were going to be at sea and at Jamaica the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s not Carnival’s responsibility to make sure private tour operators make money, but it is their responsibility to let paying passengers know in advance that they are not getting what they expected when they expected it.

Sure, the contract says they can change at anytime for any reason, but it is customary and expected that passengers don’t wake up in Cozumel Tuesday morning when they thought they were going to be at sea and at Jamaica the next day.

Depends on how they booked and more. Carnival might not have the correct contact info. It might be a travel agent's responsibility.

On one cruise I was notified by a tour operator of an itinerary change before Carnival notified us.

You clearly don't understand the process.

Believe me, I do.

As soon as an itinerary change is decided upon and the ship's logistical details are confirmed, the passengers should be notified by the cruise operator sooner than being notified from a third party tour guide... even if that is one of the operating participants the cruise line opts to use for their excursions.

Why you think differently is something I don't understand.

Carnival most certainly does send out emails notifying of itinerary changes. I can speak from experience, because I have always received an email. There are various reasons why people might miss those emails, which is not Carnival’s fault. They tried.

As an FYI, this is what the email will look like:

8da858d32f19de39b3858178febb8e22.jpg

We are on the October 14th sailing on the Vista next month. I saw on our group FB page yesterday morning that it had changed. I went to my booking on Carnival's site and it was changed on there also. I got an email from Carnival today that the order of the ports had changed. We booked outside excursions and when I emailed them yesterday they were already aware of it and had changed our dates for us.

The change does not bother me at all. Having 2 sea days at the end is actually really nice!!

The change does not bother me at all. Having 2 sea days at the end is actually really nice!!

Agree! I love having two sea days at the end of the cruise. The second to the last day is great because the cruise isn't over for another day...and the last day is great because I'm ready to go home and sleep in my own bed.

"O what greater blessing than cares released,

when the mind casts down its burden,

and when wearied with the toil of travel we reach our hearth, and rest in the long-for bed."

-C. Valerius Catallus

We are on the October 14th sailing on the Vista next month. I saw on our group FB page yesterday morning that it had changed. I went to my booking on Carnival's site and it was changed on there also. I got an email from Carnival today that the order of the ports had changed. We booked outside excursions and when I emailed them yesterday they were already aware of it and had changed our dates for us.

Me, too, Jenny [emoji4] We are sailing the same date and I received the email yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Us, too ... love the sea days at the end! :)

Believe me, I do.

As soon as an itinerary change is decided upon and the ship's logistical details are confirmed, the passengers should be notified by the cruise operator sooner than being notified from a third party tour guide... even if that is one of the operating participants the cruise line opts to use for their excursions.

Why you think differently is something I don't understand.

The cruise line won't notify passengers until details are confirmed. The vendors will know before that as they are part of the process.

Make sure carnival has your correct email on all bookings. I have always done all of the booking for my family but every now and then the address , email address or phone numbers get crossed up. I have had emails come to me intended for others and my daughter once got a refund in the mail on a cruise that I booked and sailed on and she didn’t even sail. The check was in my name and her address that she lived while in college.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Waiting (sort of) patiently - but recently noted that the excursions listed on my account were change, yet did not match with either the original or revised itinerary dates - e.g., two excursions on same date (different ports), and one while we are scheduled for a sea day. I know the best response is to continue to wait - but I called Carnival. Their response, again, left me wanting - they indicated that, when a change is made to the itinerary, the excursions are "changed manually" - had to pry an assurance that this is typically completed by cruise day (now 30 days away). Today, the excursions dates have been changed - BACK to the original dates, although the itinerary remains changed (reversed).

To the Forum members - other than "keep waiting" - has anyone had a similar experience where Carnival has lagged in making these "manual" corrections?

On 9/27/2018 at 8:41 AM, fyree39 said:

Carnival doesn't care about any private excursions. In fact, booking private excursions, then expecting Carnival to notify you of a change in itinerary so you don't lose the money you spent on those private excursions, is contrary to Carnival's mission statement which is: Make More Money.

Just like every other cruise line out there, in fact, some way worse.....