Excursions for SAmerica cruise

gplewis1324

Have you checked out the ports of call section of these boards? I have always found good advice in those forums. Sorry I can't help with any specifics but maybe someday. Sounds like you are going a great cruise!

Try to take the side excursion to Iguassu falls either before you leave Rio or during your 2 days in BA. It is wonderful. You can do much better with a private tour operator rather than HAL though (people we were with saved about $250 per person doing this).

Loved the all day tour in Puerto Montt that included Petrohue Falls, Fruitila, German Museum and the lake. It was beautiful. We also did this as a private tour (sedan with driver/guide) and saved quite a bit for the 3 of us vs. all 3 of us on a bus with the ship's tour, and were able to take a different route so were never at the same stops with buses at the same time.

If you read my review of my South American cruise Jan 3 - 31 "South America Jan 3 - 31" on this board you will see what shore excursions we did - all with private guides. If you continue to scroll down on my review you will find a list of all the private tour companies & guides we used with thier contact info.

Enjoy

Ann

Archived