Loyalty Program - tangible benefits - are there any?

anniegb

I sail HAL because I love HAL... but it's true I'd like to have free laundry before a South Pacific crossing! I might be looking for some short cruises first, to rack up the points!

My 2nd cruise with HAL was a Transpacific and I survived using the laundry bags.

Annie

My 2nd cruise with HAL was a Transpacific and I survived using the laundry bags.

We did a Transatlantic in 2015 and I did all the laundry by hand in the sink! I won't do that again, maybe some socks and undies or something I want to drip-dry but my DH's travel pants and shirts do fine with ship's laundry from here out! The cost is minimal compared to the vacation itself, and Hey if I spend $300 on laundry (heehee), it's another point!

I know you were joshing, but just to add details -- the first two people in a stateroom share the Bonus Points (from spending); third or fourth get only "day" points. So assuming you share a cabin with your DH, you each get a point for each $300.

You can only get as many Bonus Points as there are Day points, no matter if you somehow find a way to spend more than $300/day.

Thanks!

Would OBC offset the spending? Say if I have $300 obc and I spend exactly $300 on board and disembark with zero balance, do DH and I still each get 1 point?

Thanks!

Would OBC offset the spending? Say if I have $300 obc and I spend exactly $300 on board and disembark with zero balance, do DH and I still each get 1 point?

Yes. But don't forget those gratuities you paid, even if you got free gratuities as part of a promotion. Also included are any funds you used to pay for any HAL excursions you went on, even if you pre-booked them with a credit card.

If your budget can handle it, you can also pick up double cruise day points if you book a vista suite, which is just a veranda on their smaller ships.