Gluten Free

Teslyn

Hi guys. My GI doctor recently told me that I have to go Gluten and oat free. It's helped me a lot. My daughter and I are scheduled to go on our next Carnival cruise in Feb. on the Dream. I'm wondering how well Carnival does with it's gluten free cruisers? Any of you had the gluten free experience on a Carnival ship? I so want some of the melting chocolate cake. I wonder if they'd make that special with GF flour? Anyway, any advice is appreciated.

Carnival does a great job handling gluten free and other special diets.

Contact the Special Needs desk before your cruise so that your information is on your booking.

Then be sure to see the maître d' or hostess when you embark to verify they have you and they will come around and assist, including a walk through of the lido buffet to point out choices.

Sorry can't opine on chocolate melting cake, but if you are celiac, the answer is most likely you'll miss it.

If on the other hand you have a sensitivity, which with oats being included, it sounds like, and if your doctor doesn't rule out everything, even one bite, then you may, at your risk, wish to at least taste it. But again, your risk. And if celiac, don't even think about going there.

Since you must eat GF and you will be pre-ordering your evening meal for the Dining Room....you can make a special request for creme brûlée, even when it’s not on the menue or the GF version of Chocolate Melting Cake, which is on the menue every night.

When you pre order your meal, just ask as there are so many things on the menue that they will make a GF version of.

I have cruised twice since my Celiac diagnosis, and to be honest, the only thing that is different for me is the bread at dinner and no more beers.

Breakfast I usually went to MDR and had an omelette. Lido does them too. No powdered eggs though since they often add in pancake mix to make them fluffier. They were able to make the port day avocado toast with GF bread, and it was delicious!

Lunch was a Guy’s burger with no bun. Fries there are safe since they use a dedicated fryer. A naked burrito at Blue Iguana is also a yummy option. Just ask for no tortilla. They called me naked burrito girl the rest of the cruise though:')

They do have GF chocolate melting cake, and it’s delicious. The chef on the Horizon was able to make me a GF soufflé too, which I sincerely appreciated.

Alchemy bartenders joked that they went through lots more Tito’s the week I was onboard!

Just let them know what you need and they will take great care of you. Have a great cruise!

Howlong- Angry Orchard cider is gluten free too - not quite the same as beer, but an option if you don't want Tito's that round.

Blue Iguana also does eggs to order at breakfast for the huevos rancheros. It looked like a dedicated egg pan (the tortillas and beans were assembled separately).

Not knowing your situation about being Oat free.

Oats are typically cross contaminated with wheat. There are GF oats available if that’s the issue. Unfortunately they don’t carry these onboard.

Lunch was a Guy’s burger with no bun.

If you are willing to wait a bit you can have them make you a gluten free bun and bring your burger from the back. (10-15 minutes normally)

You can also bring your own GF buns on board if you plan to eat a lot of Guy's Burgers and don't want to wait.

Hi guys. My GI doctor recently told me that I have to go Gluten and oat free. It's helped me a lot. My daughter and I are scheduled to go on our next Carnival cruise in Feb. on the Dream. I'm wondering how well Carnival does with it's gluten free cruisers? Any of you had the gluten free experience on a Carnival ship? I so want some of the melting chocolate cake. I wonder if they'd make that special with GF flour? Anyway, any advice is appreciated.

Yes Carnival does have Gluten -free. Click on link below:

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/dietary-needs.aspx