California Coastal leaving SF tomorrow

SwimCarrie

Ummm, so...anyone else nervous about the sea conditions during our week down the coast? Totally mentally prepared for the ride out of SF (which I know is bad on a good day) but how will the rest be as we get closer to Hurricane Rosa?

Also, we have a tour booked in Los Angeles on the 3rd day...will we be able to cancel and get a refund once we get onboard? It's calling for scattered thunderstorms...not super fun to go to 3rd St. Promenade and Santa Monica Pier with 2 kids in lightning and thunder! (Too late to cancel online).

Rosa is scheduled to come ashore in Baja Monday morning as a tropical storm.

If you are departing Sunday night out of SF, I am not thinking things will be too bad. Maybe some rain, maybe not.

Unless significant weather is affecting the area, doubt your excursion will be cancelled.

Ummm, so...anyone else nervous about the sea conditions during our week down the coast? Totally mentally prepared for the ride out of SF (which I know is bad on a good day) but how will the rest be as we get closer to Hurricane Rosa?

Also, we have a tour booked in Los Angeles on the 3rd day...will we be able to cancel and get a refund once we get onboard? It's calling for scattered thunderstorms...not super fun to go to 3rd St. Promenade and Santa Monica Pier with 2 kids in lightning and thunder! (Too late to cancel online).

For your tour in Los Angeles on Wednesday (wouldn't that be the 4th day?) the cancellation deadline will be sometime on Monday afternoon. But if you are sure you want to cancel don't wait until the last moment, just take the tickets that will be in your cabin to the shore excursions desk when it opens after muster tomorrow and they will give you onboard credit right away.

Rosa is expected to make landfall in Baja California as a tropical storm on Monday afternoon. It is not unprecedented for ships to stay overnight (assuming space available) in Los Angeles if the seas in transit to the next port(s) are forecast to be exceptionally poor. Not saying this could happen; very hard to anticipate the weather today for your scheduled Thursday call in San Diego and Friday in Ensenada.

I'm on the same cruise and am not cancelling shore excursions; however, I did adjust the wardrobe a little and packed some meclizine, ginger candy, and an umbrella. ;) Mother nature has a mind of her own and some forecasts call for partly cloudy skies for Los Angeles, not lightning and thunder, so you may not need to cancel.

I'm on the same cruise and am not cancelling shore excursions; however, I did adjust the wardrobe a little and packed some meclizine, ginger candy, and an umbrella. ;) Mother nature has a mind of her own and some forecasts call for partly cloudy skies for Los Angeles, not lightning and thunder, so you may not need to cancel.

We decided to go see the movie Littlefoot. LOL. (The kids are at an age where they're pretty easy to please. And it's early enough in the cruise where I can still eat popcorn and not bloat up so much my pants won't fit! Haha). Thanks for the reminder about the umbrella!