Speciality Dining Package with Platinum for family

oz61

Hi

I have read a lot of the Speciality Dining posts, but I wondered if someone could assist with the following:

We have a suite with four people (all adults from one family) on the POA. I am platinum, so will receive dinner for two in two different restaurants so that should cover two of our four people for two meals.

If we have the three x Speciality Dining for two people as an inclusion on our cruise, are we fine to use two of these to cover the other two people in our suite so we do not have to pay for two meals for four people in the speciality restaurants?

And if we have paid the gratuities up front, is there still an additional gratuities charge in the speciality restaurants?

With POA is it necessary to book before we depart?

Thanks for your assistance.

The three SDP dinners are assigned to individuals and are not transferable to anyone else.

The plat dinners are coupons which you companions could use.

Prime time dining will sell out pre cruise and onboard. Book a table

If you are only using free dinners, there are no additional gratuities. If you pay for any food, beverage, spa treatment, etc, 20% gratuity is automatically added.

I don’t have experience with the POA but if in a suite, my experience has been no issues with any dining last minute change or reservations once onboard with concierge.

I just got off the Bliss. Not in a suite and no sdp because we booked a sail away rate. I thought we’d be fine with our 2 platinum vouchers and included options but after realizing the mdr and buffet wasn’t to our standards, we purchased specialty dining for our remaining nights. It’s more expensive to purchase onboard. $94.80 for three dinner pkg onboard vs about $82 in advance. That is the service charge inclusive price.

Hi

I have read a lot of the Speciality Dining posts, but I wondered if someone could assist with the following:

We have a suite with four people (all adults from one family) on the POA. I am platinum, so will receive dinner for two in two different restaurants so that should cover two of our four people for two meals.

If we have the three x Speciality Dining for two people as an inclusion on our cruise, are we fine to use two of these to cover the other two people in our suite so we do not have to pay for two meals for four people in the speciality restaurants?

And if we have paid the gratuities up front, is there still an additional gratuities charge in the speciality restaurants?

With POA is it necessary to book before we depart?

Thanks for your assistance.

As I understand it, they are not transferable. So, to answer your question, you will have to us all the specialty dining rooms just for yourself and not guests. I may be wrong. You might be able to use your Platinum dinners for guests. I know you can not use the UDP for guests.