Cancellation Question - haven't found the answer yet

Called Carnival Customer Service earlier today and the recording said they would call me back, but no one has yet. The FAQ doesn't seem to address these questions either.

I am 54 days out from a 7-day cruise and I would like to cancel. I do not have insurance, so it looks like I will only get 50% back.

Would I be able to "sell" my cruise to a family member, and change my booking to their name? Is there a penalty? And if I am allowed to transfer it to them, how much would it cost for them to add their spouse?

Would I be able to cancel this booking, and then have them hold the full amount I paid as a credit for a future cruise?

Thanks if you can help!

We will need to know which fare rate you booked under and the cruise you booked. Getting a full refund at this point would be unlikely. I also think your cruise cannot be transferred to another person. If you booked early saver which most do since it is often the lowest rate.

2, 3, 4 & 5 day cruises

Days Prior to DepartureCancellation Charge Per GuestBooking - 61 DaysNone (except Cruises to Nowhere*** and Early Saver*, Easy Saver*, and Super Saver fares**)60 - 46 DaysDeposit***45 - 30 DaysDeposit or 50% of Total Fare, whichever is greater29 - 15 DaysDeposit or 75% of Total Fare, whichever is greater14 - 0 DaysNo refund

* Total Fare is defined as Cruise Fare, Air Supplement, Transfer Services and Pre/Post Cruise Vacation Packages.

Last Modified: 08/03/2018

dot_DBEDF1.gif

6 day or Longer Cruises (excluding Europe, Transatlantic, Panama Canal, Transpacific)

Days Prior to DepartureCancellation Charge Per GuestBooking - 76 DaysNone (except Early Saver*, Easy Saver*, and Super Saver fares**)75 - 56 DaysDeposit55 - 30 DaysDeposit or 50% of Total Fare, whichever is greater29 - 15 DaysDeposit or 75% of Total Fare, whichever is greater14 - 0 DaysNo refund

Called Carnival Customer Service earlier today and the recording said they would call me back, but no one has yet. The FAQ doesn't seem to address these questions either.

I am 54 days out from a 7-day cruise and I would like to cancel. I do not have insurance, so it looks like I will only get 50% back.

Would I be able to "sell" my cruise to a family member, and change my booking to their name? Is there a penalty? And if I am allowed to transfer it to them, how much would it cost for them to add their spouse?

Would I be able to cancel this booking, and then have them hold the full amount I paid as a credit for a future cruise?

Thanks if you can help!

well the answer to if you can cancel and have them hold the full amount, thats for sure a no.

Can you sell it to a family member, possibly, with a name change which might be $50 depending on terms you booked with.

BUT ,... this is a big but, one of the original people on the booking must remain. so if there are 2 of you booked, only one name can technically be changed, though i have heard of some who changed one out, and then later managed to change the other out that posted here on CC. dont know if carnival just let them or missed it or they found a way around the rules. who knows.

but the rule is one of the orginal people on the booking must remain.

lot of ifs ands or buts, shame you have to cancel but you are going to need to call carnival asap if you booked with them and find out, the sooner the better.

well the answer to if you can cancel and have them hold the full amount, thats for sure a no.

BUT ,... this is a big but, one of the original people on the booking must remain.

These are the answers to your questions