USS Arizona Memorial

SarasotaDeb

1)What day and time does the Grand Princess disembark in Honolulu? We sail from San Francisco on October 24th, 2018. (I'm pretty sure it's o October 30th)

2) How can we guarantee that we get to the USS Arizona Memorial and reserve the correct advance tickets online?

We see entirely too many reviews about not getting access to the boat and we are trying to make sure we don't miss anything.

We appreciate any advice on transportation and which package we should reserve. Thanks!

Well, not sure if you knew this, but you can't actually go to the memorial right now. Unless something changes in the next 2 weeks or so, but you'll have to keep an eye on their website for that info. There is structural damage to the loading docks. And according to their site, you can't make reservations, they're updating the website.

https://www.nps.gov/valr/faqs.htm

Book in advance online

Does the ship offer a tour ? that may be the gty option

Looks like the ship docks at 7am so probably off by 8am then a taxi to the site if going on your own

1)What day and time does the Grand Princess disembark in Honolulu? We sail from San Francisco on October 24th, 2018. (I'm pretty sure it's o October 30th)

2) How can we guarantee that we get to the USS Arizona Memorial and reserve the correct advance tickets online?

We see entirely too many reviews about not getting access to the boat and we are trying to make sure we don't miss anything.

We appreciate any advice on transportation and which package we should reserve. Thanks!

I got this from the National Park Service website regarding the Arizona:

Despite the restriction of visitor access to the Memorial, USS Arizona Memorial programs are running as scheduled and TICKETS ARE STILL REQUIRED. Instead of taking a boat to the memorial and disembarking there, visitors are taken on a 15-minute narrated harbor tour of Battleship Row and the area around the USS Arizona Memorial. In addition, the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, museums, and bookstore are open as usual from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, seven days a week. Our partner sites – the Battleship Missouri Memorial, the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum and Park, and the Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor – are also open as usual.

Except for actually going to the Arizona memorial (which you can't do right now) you can see everything else by either getting tickets in advance online or just buy then once you get there. There is a full day of stuff to see even without getting to the actual memorial.

I'm not sure they are even running harbor tours right now. The shoreside dock has flooded and tours were cancelled this week. Might want to contact them directly, or follow them on the social media site we can't link to.
Thanks. We are definitely following the situation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Except for actually going to the Arizona memorial (which you can't do right now) you can see everything else by either getting tickets in advance online or just buy then once you get there. There is a full day of stuff to see even without getting to the actual memorial.
My husband has his heart set on seeing it. Hopefully it will be reopened soon. Thanks!

I got this from the National Park Service website regarding the Arizona:

Despite the restriction of visitor access to the Memorial, USS Arizona Memorial programs are running as scheduled and TICKETS ARE STILL REQUIRED. Instead of taking a boat to the memorial and disembarking there, visitors are taken on a 15-minute narrated harbor tour of Battleship Row and the area around the USS Arizona Memorial. In addition, the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, museums, and bookstore are open as usual from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, seven days a week. Our partner sites – the Battleship Missouri Memorial, the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum and Park, and the Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor – are also open as usual.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing everything.

There is no such thing as a sure thing. Our scheduled trip out to the Arizona in February 2017 was cancelled at the last minute due to wind and waves.

I found out that such weather-related cancellations are not that rate.

Sorry to hear that. It gives you a good reason to revisit. Maybe we'll luck out since it'll actually be my birthday.

Well, not sure if you knew this, but you can't actually go to the memorial right now. Unless something changes in the next 2 weeks or so, but you'll have to keep an eye on their website for that info. There is structural damage to the loading docks. And according to their site, you can't make reservations, they're updating the website.

https://www.nps.gov/valr/faqs.htm

Hopefully everything works out. I feel bad for those missing it. At least there's so much more to see.

I'm pretty sure it will be open soon. The news on Tuesday said it was discovered on Saturday. One of the ten chambers has a slow leak. They are saying a week give or take.

I would go ahead a reserve your tickets once they are taking reservations. You could drive or sign up for an independent tour. When we went many years ago, we got there and had to wait about an hour or so for the next available tour. You can't take a big purse with you and they have a bag check.