Does Princess supply a shuttle in St Thomas?

canadarocks

Thanks. DH will be using a Rollator and I'm trying to figure out whether to book a Princess tour or an independent one. :confused:

Princess docked at Havensight last season and maybe the season before. Search "st thomas taxi photos" and you will see the kind of taxis available in St. Thomas. It's not easy to get in and out of them. But you can ask to sit in the cab. Taxis at the port can take you to the popular areas like Megan's Bay. Pretty sure Princess tours use the same kind of transportation, so make sure you read the tour description regarding access, number of steps, stairs, etc.

Are you sure you are not mixing St Thomas up with another Caribbean port?

Nope. I have a store that carries my jewelry line in st thomas, so I was happy to see the little train from port terminated at that shopping center. Pretty hard to forget. But, like I said, this was pre-hurricane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess docked at Havensight last season and maybe the season before. Search "st thomas taxi photos" and you will see the kind of taxis available in St. Thomas. It's not easy to get in and out of them. But you can ask to sit in the cab. Taxis at the port can take you to the popular areas like Megan's Bay. Pretty sure Princess tours use the same kind of transportation, so make sure you read the tour description regarding access, number of steps, stairs, etc.

Pretty sure DH can handle getting in that type of taxi (he's recovering quickly from a stroke). But I'm not sure whether he can walk the extra-long distance it takes sometimes to get to independent tours. We haven't done one from Havensight.... :confused:

There is another port to the left of town (can’t remember name) with just a few berths. As mentioned above, it does have the usual Caribbean shops right at the dock. We took a tram-type vehicle to the shopping area, reasonable and was sitting waiting as we got off the ship. It wasn’t very far, perhaps 2-3 miles along the waterfront.

There is another port to the left of town (can’t remember name) with just a few berths. As mentioned above, it does have the usual Caribbean shops right at the dock. We took a tram-type vehicle to the shopping area, reasonable and was sitting waiting as we got off the ship. It wasn’t very far, perhaps 2-3 miles along the waterfront.

Thanks.......

Sounds like Havensight which is directly across the water from downtown.

We have been there many times and don't recall seeing a train type shuttle. But that does not mean it didn't exist. We always walked to town and I never looked for a shuttle. :)

The other dock Crown Bay......Princess had a 10 year lease on which since expired.

Crown Bay had a train like shuttle that brought you from the ship to the small pier side shopping area and the the taxi pick up area. It does not go to downtown Charlotte Amalia.

Crown Bay had a train like shuttle that brought you from the ship to the small pier side shopping area and the the taxi pick up area. It does not go to downtown Charlotte Amalia.

Thanks.....

Its so close from the gangway to the shops and circle drive for the taxis there.

I just have never seen one. :confused:

There are two docking area on St Thomas

Havensight: You can see downtown from there. It has its own shopping district

Crown Bay. It is to the left behind a hill. Royal Carribbean is using it. Not sure if it an exclusive contract. It has a small shopping district.

Both places have taxis to the main downtown shopping district.