What does the anchor mean on embarkation day?

snuggarelli

Yes - that is what the anchor means - passengers will be tendered to the ship. It is a shame that Regent wasn't able to get a prime docking spot in Monte Carlo but they are extremely limited.

Thanks TravelCat. Bummer. I wonder how they’ll handle the crowds trying to board since it won’t be a mere funnel process. But it is what it is.

Lots of tenders I suppose... I have seen Crystal ships anchored off Monaco - but Regent normally is docked in the harbour...

Thanks Hambagahle. I’m hoping they’ve done this more than once so that they can speedily and efficiently get us through the check-in process.

I suppose that passengers being transported from the Regent hotel to the ship by bus will have a bit of a wait (as usual) but if you get to the port 11:30ish in the morning, when they begin tendering you can be towards the front of the line.

I suppose that passengers being transported from the Regent hotel to the ship by bus will have a bit of a wait (as usual) but if you get to the port 11:30ish in the morning, when they begin tendering you can be towards the front of the line.

Thanks for the tip Travelcat! We were planning on skipping the bus and taking a taxi anyway. But your tip gives further incentive to do the taxi. Also, thank you for the suggested time period to get to the ship.

Just have to figure out where the tenders are/embarkation point.

Thanks for the tip Travelcat! We were planning on skipping the bus and taking a taxi anyway. But your tip gives further incentive to do the taxi. Also, thank you for the suggested time period to get to the ship.

Just have to figure out where the tenders are/embarkation point.

The port is not that big. It should be fairly obvious once you get there. And I highly agree with your decision to take a taxi.

The port is not that big. It should be fairly obvious once you get there. And I highly agree with your decision to take a taxi.

I know that the hotel is Le Meridien, and it’s right on the beach. I wonder if the embarkation point may even be within walkable distance (not that far of course because of the luggage). As we get closer to the cruise date, I’ll ask the TA for the address just to be sure. I like to be prepared or the DH gets cranky.

I know that the hotel is Le Meridien, and it’s right on the beach. I wonder if the embarkation point may even be within walkable distance (not that far of course because of the luggage). As we get closer to the cruise date, I’ll ask the TA for the address just to be sure. I like to be prepared or the DH gets cranky.

It is very close. But I don’t think walkable because of luggage. Without luggage, it would easily be walkable.

The actual address is on your cruise document. At least it is for our upcoming cruise.

Thanks RCandKC. I didn’t see it on the Guest Statement which is all we have so far. Sounds like it’ll come with the cruise docs that’ll be sent closer to the cruise date.

the Méridien is nowhere near the port of Monaco where the tenders will dock. For that look on Google maps for "quai Ranier III" which is roughly where they will be. Probably walking with luggage will take you can hour.

Thanks for letting me know. Taxi it is!