Do I have to set up an onboard account for my minor children?

DukeASUGirl

It's not letting me print my boarding passes until online check-in is complete for all passengers. What is remaining apparently is to add a credit card to my 6-yr-old and 8-yr-old's Sail & Sign cards.

Right now, I only have my husband and I indicated as authorized to make charges. Am I allowed to do it like that or will I have to add a credit card onto the kids' cards?

It's not letting me print my boarding passes until online check-in is complete for all passengers. What is remaining apparently is to add a credit card to my 6-yr-old and 8-yr-old's Sail & Sign cards.

Right now, I only have my husband and I indicated as authorized to make charges. Am I allowed to do it like that or will I have to add a credit card onto the kids' cards?

I believe one has to be set up, but it can be a cash account or a a credit card that you don't allow any charges to be made.

The tips will be charged to each individual account, unless you pre paid them.

We did in fact prepay the tips. That's why I didn't think I would need to add a credit card to theirs.

I don't know how that works.at check in I told them only I had charging priviledges since I bring cash.we had 5 people 3 of them teen boys and my wife and I .in 2 cabins.but they let the boys charge whatever they wanted then they called me to guest services wanting to be paid.i told them not to let them charge anything.needless to say before we could get off the ship I had to go to guest services to settle up.this upcoming cruise their cabin is in the wife's name.im curious to see how that goes.

Or you could indicate they are 'cash only'. EM

You could, it's still an account for the child. Cash accounts means the dreaded second check in line that some ports have. Easier to click the do not allow to charge button than to waiynin the second line.

Either way works.