sleep apana machine/distilled water

joeangel

Call room service - they'll deliver it. But you might ask your doctor about using the ship water. Ours told us the filtration system on a ship was good enough for us to use the tap water instead of buying the distilled. We've been on several cruises (22? 23? I forget) and used tape water with no problems. One less thing to worry about/think about/deal with.

My wife and I both have CPAPs and been bringing a gallon of distilled water with us on our cruises (2 so far). Not hiding it or anything, but we are bringing a new, sealed jug with us, and (of course) have our machines right there. At $0.88/gal, it's okay if we ever get told that we can't do it -- we can just chuck it if we must. But, so far they've not stopped us.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Tapatalk

I pre-ordered mine today. It was $3 and will be delivered to the room. On the Carnival website, I searched the word Distilled. There's an article that gives a phone number to call if you need to request distilled water for a cPap. I believe it was to the Fun Shop, but not certain.

I need to bring my Sleep Apana machine on our cruise, I need distilled water to run it,

Can I get distilled water on the ship?

You can buy it on board, but you're also able to bring as much as you would like in your carry-on with you, since it's for a medical device.

• 2 weeks later...

I try to only use distilled or if necessary bottled water.  I used ship water once and wound up with rust and buildup in the bottom of my humidifier on the CPAP.  I can't remember which ship that was though.

• Like 1

When I ordered distilled water for my wife on our last cruise, Carnival said I needed to have the Travel Agency we booked with inform carnival that we would be bringing a CPAP on board with us. I don't know why.  It's just their way of doing things.  Carnival recommends you hand carry the CPAP on board, rather than check it with your luggage.