Free Air Plus Free at Sea?

inspiration100

Is there anyway that we can have a flight depart a week after the cruise to extend the vacation? Has anyone done this?

Don’t know for sure but would imagine the only way is if you book your hotel through NCL as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone know when this promo will be over? Not interested in paying an additional fee for airfare I don't want. My cruise price DID go up with this promo. TIA

I have the same problem and question.

Edit: It says booking window for that promotion is October 05, 2018 - October 16, 2018 11:59 pm EST

Edited by inspiration100

Anyone know when this promo will be over? Not interested in paying an additional fee for airfare I don't want. My cruise price DID go up with this promo. TIA

What stopped you from not already booking before this promotion?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can opt out of the transfer service to and from the port that is automatically added on with the free/reduced air offer. You just have to call and have it removed.

I called NCL and spoke to Tammy. She said that when doing the free airfare promotion, the $70 transfer fees cannot be removed.

I agree with the poster who said they raised the price. The cruise I was looking for increased by $200 the day the promo was added. It's also a completely useless promo for me since the airfare is the same price as booking it externally.

This is EXACTLY what they do for all promos. When they do “free onboard credit” they increase the fare by that amount. I’ve been doing this with them for years. The only difference is, if you are booking the Haven, and they offer an onboard credit promo, they don’t adjust or hike the Haven fares, that being said, they are sooooo high these days, that 500$ is _ drop in the bucket.

They indeed did the same for this airfare promo.

Let me share the Business Plan with you guys who aren’t aware of it.... NCL believes that if you are able to get your customers to prepay almost everything imaginable, in the base fare, then when the customer is on board, they will spend even more money on incidentals they otherwise wouldn’t have if they had to pay for things like drinks, dining, tips, internet, etc out of pocket. They are very very picky about how they train their staff to do a great job marketing extras and incidentals on board. This airfare deal is along the same lines, but you’re just paying for it in the base fare through NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was also told if I wanted free air I’d have to take the transfer option. My pcc is pretty knowledgeable. I also had him check with his supervisor to see if the transfers to /from ship could be removed. Got a no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is a "concierge" cabin on NCL? Is that a new name for suites without Havenaccess? I have never heared about that on NCL before.

(It's mentioned in the terms and conditions you get to when using the link provided in post number 6.)

It's a class of cabins currently specific to the Joy. Since the Joy was developed initially for the Asian market, I don't know if this class of suites will make it onto future ships. They occupy the space usually taken up by Studio Cabins on Breakaway and Breakaway Plus class ships, which are very popular in the Western market. Here's the description from the site on the Joy:

Finished with the finest touches, our concierge category features spacious, luxury accommodations, concierge service, and private dining.
https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/joy/staterooms/Concierge

It's a class of cabins currently specific to the Joy. Since the Joy was developed initially for the Asian market, I don't know if this class of suites will make it onto future ships. They occupy the space usually taken up by Studio Cabins on Breakaway and Breakaway Plus class ships, which are very popular in the Western market. Here's the description from the site on the Joy:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/joy/staterooms/Concierge

Thanks.

They have concierge and private dining but private sundeck and butler isn't mentioned in the description. Does that mean that they don't have Haven access except for that they can eat in the Haven restaurant?

Thanks.

They have concierge and private dining but private sundeck and butler isn't mentioned in the description. Does that mean that they don't have Haven access except for that they can eat in the Haven restaurant?

I don't believe they get Haven access or a butler.

I was also told if I wanted free air I’d have to take the transfer option. My pcc is pretty knowledgeable. I also had him check with his supervisor to see if the transfers to /from ship could be removed. Got a no.

Very strange since the terms and conditions say "If selected"!

What is a "concierge" cabin on NCL? Is that a new name for suites without Havenaccess? I have never heared about that on NCL before.

(It's mentioned in the terms and conditions you get to when using the link provided in post number 6.)

I believe Concierge Cabins are only on Joy and they do not have Haven access (I don't think).

We just booked the pearl leaving from Tampa to nyc in April. All flights both from Philadelphia to Tampa and then nyc to philly were free. And our transfers are free from airport to cruise then cruise to airport in nyc. This was a selling point for us. We specifically asked because I saw this thread yesterday and was concerned.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

When I check this promotion it tells me it's available until October 28. I'm really thinking of trying it as it's cheaper for airfare and if any delays happen they take care of new flights if required, it also pairs with 3 free and unlimited WIFI. I live in snowbelt so this makes me feel safer; I can use it for a dec 8 departure on a balcony BF guarantee left only $899. 

2 hours ago, Cruisennerable said:

When I check this promotion it tells me it's available until October 28. I'm really thinking of trying it as it's cheaper for airfare and if any delays happen they take care of new flights if required, it also pairs with 3 free and unlimited WIFI. I live in snowbelt so this makes me feel safer; I can use it for a dec 8 departure on a balcony BF guarantee left only $899. 

I feel the same way.  Although nothing is actually 'free'...our sailing with 'free' airfare perk, unlimited wifi bonus perk, and the 'free at sea' perks ( drink package and dinner package ), the difference vs. the same cruise without perks made for an excellent deal.  And the price of the cruise didn't 'go up'...I had been watching it for quite a long time. 

As a bonus, the fact this is a late January cruise, we live in Minnesota, and they will 'handle things' if there are delays makes the travel side of things a little bit less worrisome.  

Edited by farmecologist

• 7 months later...
On 10/7/2018 at 3:11 PM, chars said:

Is there anyway that we can have a flight depart a week after the cruise to extend the vacation? Has anyone done this?

The terms and conditions only allow for 2 days but is you get a “free” one simply buy a 1 way ticket home .   This will not work on the iniL flight keeping the 1 home

• 3 months later...

So far NCL' s free/discounted airfare is looking like it will work just fine. There are 2 couples that are booked on Ncl Getaway , travelling to the Greek islands next May 2020. We decided to book the cruise lines discounted airfare at $599 p.p. and take a chance. We knew we had no control on flights that would be picked. We are flying out of Detroit metro to Rome. In pricing thought travel web sites, the prices were in the $1300-1600 range p.p. We further were advised we might not know what flights we would get until 35-60 days before our cruise , and whether or not the tickets issued would be basic economy.( no seats picked until day of flight). We are like 200+ days from the cruise, and yesterday we got an email from Air France that our flight from Paris to Rome has changed its Times. We knew nothing about any airline that we were booked on. I was able to take the booking number off the A.F email and I plugged that booking # into Delta airlines web site and all our flights were confirmed with Delta. I was able to pick our seats immediately, which really made our day. The main reason I checked Delta's web page is because A.F airlines code shares with Delta. The flights are fine both ways, and were great for $599 .  For all the critics that say the ncl airfare doesn't work, or makes terrible sense, I think this time it will work. For everyone that did book with ncl' s airfare, do some digging and you might find your flights are already booked, and get your seats picked before the airlines assign them. Don't wait until 60 days before your cruise to start looking for your flights.

On 10/8/2018 at 12:51 PM, sverigecruiser said:

Very strange since the terms and conditions say "If selected"!

Interesting.  We booked on the Joy with air.  They removed the transfers for me brother when he made final payment with not issues.  I forgot, then called before air tickets issued to book a deviation on the air for two days after the cruise.  They did the deviation at no charge, and offered to remove the transfers that I had already paid.  My credit card was refunded within a couple of days.

Glad someone had success.  I tried their online form and no flights came up as I said.  Then I ended up booking through Costco who confirmed with NCL that there were no flights.  We have platinum status on NCL because of previous cruises so we feel quite mistreated because this is definitely a bait and switch.  NCL was the only option for our schedule so we signed up anyway.

Transfers on NCL are typically from the airport to the dock upon arrival and from the dock to the airport upon departure.

So, if you extend/deviate a couple days on either end, shouldn't you be able to waive the transfer fees, since you're not going directly from or to the airport??