One way B2B cruises with EZAir question

Akaicb

Hello everyone,

We will be doing a B2B in Alaska next May. One is the Northbound from Vancouver and the other is the Southbound that ends in Vancouver. Once the cruises were linked together they will only allow me to book one way flights with EZAir.

On the first cruise I have a one way flight from Toronto to Vancouver and on the second cruise I have a one way flight from Vancouver to Toronto.

I'm concerned that I'm paying way too much money for one way flights when I could have a roundtrip one instead.

I've called Princess twice already and I keep being told that is the only way it can be done. I've asked to speak with the EZAir department but they tell me that is not possible.

Can someone let me know if they have 1. Ever tried for a round trip flight with my type of B2B, 2. Ever been told you cannot speak with a department

Before anyone suggested that I book my own flights and not bother with EZAir. I really wish I could do that and fly in the day before. We have to fly in the day of the cruise because my husband only has so many days of vacation. Going with EZAir just gives me a little more comfort for flying the day of the cruise.

Thanks,

Kim

Hello everyone,

We will be doing a B2B in Alaska next May. One is the Northbound from Vancouver and the other is the Southbound that ends in Vancouver. Once the cruises were linked together they will only allow me to book one way flights with EZAir.

On the first cruise I have a one way flight from Toronto to Vancouver and on the second cruise I have a one way flight from Vancouver to Toronto.

I'm concerned that I'm paying way too much money for one way flights when I could have a roundtrip one instead.

I've called Princess twice already and I keep being told that is the only way it can be done. I've asked to speak with the EZAir department but they tell me that is not possible.

Can someone let me know if they have 1. Ever tried for a round trip flight with my type of B2B, 2. Ever been told you cannot speak with a department

Before anyone suggested that I book my own flights and not bother with EZAir. I really wish I could do that and fly in the day before. We have to fly in the day of the cruise because my husband only has so many days of vacation. Going with EZAir just gives me a little more comfort for flying the day of the cruise.

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kim,

Have you looked directly to the airlines for pricing to compare?

I have never been able to speak with the EZ Air dept directly.

Its always been through a CSR.

Compare against prices at airline sites such as Air Canada, and other airline booking sites. That way you will be able to determine how the EZ air pricing compares to others. My experience with EZ Air is that the one way pricing is competitive with other RT fares and normally flexible as well. Princess is correct. They don't offer RT on the type of b2b voyage you are taking. You always have the option of booking directly with the airlines.

We've done this twice--once Alaska and once Japan. In order to use EZ Air on a B2B, you must book as two one way flights. However, we priced out the cost of two one-ways vs. round trip on the airline web site (actually, we tried multiple airlines) and always found the cost of two one-ways on EZ Air beat any prices on the airline sites. Your experience may be different based on dates, etc.

Another benefit is that we were able to reduce the fares as I watched them over time--each leg had reductions, but these did not occur at the same times. The ability to manipulate the cost separately was a bonus.

All you can do is to compare what you can get on EZ Air to what you can get with the airlines directly and book whatever works better for you. EZ Air one ways are priced far better than airline one ways.

From my experience with EZAir I booked flights and put the dates I wanted into the form. In simple words put them against one booking but with the dates you want. So round trip form the date you want to start your first cruise and the return date you want from the second cruise. I used this in Europe and when going back to back on two different cruise lines. This worked fine for us

From my experience with EZAir I booked flights and put the dates I wanted into the form. In simple words put them against one booking but with the dates you want. So round trip form the date you want to start your first cruise and the return date you want from the second cruise. I used this in Europe and when going back to back on two different cruise lines. This worked fine for us

We had no trouble booking as a round trip and changing the dates to things that we actually wanted. But in August, this was not an option thru the Princess web site. Because we were B2B, only the one way was available. Yes, I called Princess on it. Had it been available, a round trip with altered dates would have been a good option.

Given your situation you are probably flying Air Canada or WestJet. In my experience with them it is no cheaper to buy a return ticket. In fact you are probably better off with two separate air fares. That way if one goes down in price you can change it without affecting the other one.

I wouldn't worry too much about flying in the day of the cruise. I have taken several Alaskan cruises out of Vancouver and always flown in the day of the cruise. The weather is usually good that time of the year and you have the time change in your favor. If you were to take an early flight from Toronto and there are problems there is probably another flight or two to Vancouver.

Hi Kim,

I did take a look and if I book it directly the price for both flights is about $550 p/p. Booked the way it currently is with EZAir, I'm paying about $759 p/p. So about $400 more total. That could buy me an excursion.

Normally I would be able to do that but with both of the cruises being one way type cruises instead of round trips that is not an option in EZAir. When you go in to Manage Your Cruise there is only the option to pick one flight.

Given your situation you are probably flying Air Canada or WestJet. In my experience with them it is no cheaper to buy a return ticket. In fact you are probably better off with two separate air fares. That way if one goes down in price you can change it without affecting the other one.

I wouldn't worry too much about flying in the day of the cruise. I have taken several Alaskan cruises out of Vancouver and always flown in the day of the cruise. The weather is usually good that time of the year and you have the time change in your favor. If you were to take an early flight from Toronto and there are problems there is probably another flight or two to Vancouver.

You are correct, the cheaper pricing I am seeing is with flying Air Transit which is always cheaper than Air Canada and WestJet.

Good to hear your thoughts about flying in the day of and for now I'm going to keep an eye on pricing and take advantage of any lower pricing when I can and worst case book on my own and cross my fingers. The time changes does work in our favor.

Although I have no idea if you can book it, you can definitely check the EZAir price. Take a look at the Star Princess departing from Seattle on May 19, 2019. Checking round trip prices from Toronto to Vancouver for this sailing, I get a price of $365.52 USD pp, so, yes, I believe you would be paying too much for the one ways at this point.

Hi Kim,

I was having some issues with my flight this upcoming January. Even though I am ticketed, Delta kept saying to talk to Princess. The issue was with Delta's website not updating, Princess had all of my info correct. I called Princess and they put me right through to the EZ Air department. Who confirmed my suspicion that the issue was with Delta.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 10:08 AM, epixx said:

Although I have no idea if you can book it, you can definitely check the EZAir price. Take a look at the Star Princess departing from Seattle on May 19, 2019. Checking round trip prices from Toronto to Vancouver for this sailing, I get a price of $365.52 USD pp, so, yes, I believe you would be paying too much for the one ways at this point.

This is a great idea, thank-you.  I did not realize that you could choose Vancouver as a destination for a Seattle flight.

On 10/6/2018 at 2:20 PM, suekel said:

Hi Kim,

I was having some issues with my flight this upcoming January. Even though I am ticketed, Delta kept saying to talk to Princess. The issue was with Delta's website not updating, Princess had all of my info correct. I called Princess and they put me right through to the EZ Air department. Who confirmed my suspicion that the issue was with Delta.

Good to know that I could speak with the EZ Air department if I pushed hard enough.