Girls cruise!! What crafts projects could we bring to do onboard

kbalthaser66

I always bring along something to do while waiting for a show to start, or in a lecture...I can't sit and watch TV without having something to do in my hands. Conversely, I can't sit and do this without something going on in the background/foreground, like TV or radio. On a cruise, people watching also serves that purpose. In the distant past, I brought thermal baby blankets and crocheted edges on them. I would love to bring a knitting or embroidery project along, but since deciding to travel without a large suitcase, I limit myself to my crocheting. I make potholders, which are double sided. To my wonder, airlines have never questioned me about my steel crochet hooks...Sizes a small as 6/7/8 don't come in anything but steel. I also carry a small pair of folding scissors, and a small pair of scissors that may be called mustache trimmers. Both can be seen in the pictures below. I also have a very small pair of bandage scissors. forgot about them when I took the pictures. I included the CD just to show size.

enhance

enhance

Backsides

enhance

I finished enough on my three weeks last year on Carnival Pride that I gave them away to my tablemates. EM

What about quilling? The main supplies needed are strips of paper about 1/4" wide (which you can buy in packages, very inexpensive) a small tool to coil the paper around, glue, and patterns - I'm sure you can buy a book at either Michael's or Hobby Lobby or on Amazon, along with the supplies needed. Google it or search on Pinterest! Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy it! I've taken up pottery after about a 12 year break and am really enjoying the energy that being creative gives me!

I have a 24 day cruise next year with 18 sea days (love them for my crafting obsession) and I plan to bring a few things.

Cross Stitch, knitting (just taught myself from YouTube videos), beading supplies for carrier beads (google carrier bead bracelet or necklace) and coloring. I have also found a great color by number app On my iPad. It has some really detailed pictures, and I don’t have to think about the colors to use.

For those that enjoy coloring and don’t want to bring a full book, Johanna Basford and Millie Marotta have great sets of postcards for smaller projects, but just as detailed.

Happy crafting....

In addition to crafts, you can bring cards and play different card games. On our recent 9-night Anthem cruise, we were 4 couples traveling together, and the 4 women are all mah Jong players. I bought a travel set for the trip, and we had 3 sea days where we were able to play. Great way to spend a few sea days.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app