Ready to cry on majesty

sr5242

On my long awaited birthday cruise on the majesty

So far it’s been so disappointing

The food is so bad I ended up at sorrentos pizza last night just to eat something

Such a lack of variety in windjammer

The gym is so small and crowded

ESP kids

I sat 45 min waiting for my lunch in the dining room before giving up and having a protein shake in my room

Now I’ve been standing in line for 40 min trying to disembark in key west

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's strange. I always thought the WJ on Majesty (and also former twin sister Monarch) was one of the best. Lots of variety, and not just one area, but another large area aft of the first one. Much bigger and more selection than the big Oasis class ships...not a fan of the WJ on those. :(

MJ also has a nice little cafe upstairs, along with the pizza place. Johnny Rockets is on that upper deck also.

Definitely not good news for us to hear!:eek: Our group of 13 will be on Majesty in 2 short weeks! Please go into more detail when you have more time.

Don't stress over it...we loved our cruises on MJ and former sister Monarch. Even though there is no DL/CL on the ship, we totally enjoyed the Diamond and up/suite event in the large VCL deck. Great service and superior munchies...adding in that fantastic 360 view. :D Breakfast in the dining room was nice also.

Tell me all about it when we see you in February, I bet you and your group will have a wonderful time. :D

Don't stress over it...we loved our cruises on MJ and former sister Monarch. Even though there is no DL/CL on the ship, we totally enjoyed the Diamond and up/suite event in the large VCL deck. Great service and superior munchies...adding in that fantastic 360 view. :D Breakfast in the dining room was nice also.

Tell me all about it when we see you in February, I bet you and your group will have a wonderful time. :D

Agree. Kid's and I have been going on Majesty/Sovereign class now over 30yrs and never had bad cruise. Daughter just did one with her Family in early Feb, no complaint's. Unfortunately thing's happen, hopefully for OP rest of cruise will be better for them...

Was on Majesty a couple of weeks ago. Food in the main dining room was fine. Sorrentos and Compass Deli were decent 'off hours' options. And Windjammer does the 'live stations' every night with mongolian grill, crepes, pasta, all very good!

We also did sit down lunch two of the days and never waited long.

Now I’ve been standing in line for 40 min trying to disembark in key west

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, that just stinks. I had something similar on Carnival Freedom for a port of call that docked and couldn't get over taking so long in a hot line, nearly missing our private excusion hookup after allowing plenty of extra time, just to "ding" out and walk off.

If Oasis class I'm walking right off and smaller ships I'm in a hot line thru hallways, something is wrong. I'd hate to see any RCCL ship be similar to my experience on Carnival freedom which I blamed on Carnival manpower working the machines. After 45 minutes they openned a second line. I haven't been back despite some things being very nice on Carnival. Can understand tender wait but not a line to get off the ship more than maybe 10 mins.

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2018 at 12:15 PM, shuwei said:

Since it was a few months ago, can you give us an overall review of your trip?

Here is the link for the review. WE had a wonderful time! Food was awesome and choices were plentiful for breakfast, brunch, lunch, late lunch, dinner and after dinner. I would have no problem going back on this ship again.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=638050