Athens to Muscat - The Middle East with a Muse

Silver Spectre

Just before 5pm our intrepid group left the hotel and boarded the coach for our convoyed journey of some 4 hours back to Safaga. After watching the final light fading we enlivened the back of the vehicle with a couple of packets of crisps (courtesy of BA’s Club Lounge) and a bottle of Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon, borrowed from the ship. Mrs Spectre having thoughtfully borrowed 4 plastic wine glasses.

At about 8:50, we arrived back at the port, had to get off the bus to go through port security, for the second time that day, filed back onboard for a 3 minute ride across the port and back to the ship. We said goodbye to our guide and were welcomed onboard at 9pm to be informed that Atlantide was open until 10pm.

So after a quick wash and brush up about half a dozen of us headed downstairs to be greeted by a newish menu ( 3 changes I think) and a very hearty lobster bisque and steak and frites. I believe the remaining  20 or so guests from our bus sensibly went straight to bed.

Thus we completed the 3rd and longest of our Arabian adventures.

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Good to read that you feel Kaiseki is worth the $60/pp charge.  We've only done lunch there ourselves. 

I do wonder once the additional ships come online if they'll maintain the dinner charge in the venue.  We shall see in a few years.

On balance, just, and obviously easier when spending some OBC. On a longer cruise it’s nice to have a couple of extra dining alternatives.