Athens to Muscat - The Middle East with a Muse

Silver Spectre

Interestingly we asked this guy to unfurl his flag and pose, which he was happy to do. The other guest offered him some euros, which he refused. We asked the guide to ask him why, and he said he would only take real currency, I.e. local Jordanian, dollars or sterling. What a star! So I gave him a couple of dollars!

3BF107F6-7D3A-4FBB-9C13-0A63EE228C53.jpeg

And a final shot of the inside of the ‘shop’ in the tourist office. Then a rather shorter ride back to Aqaba and the Muse, enlightened by our guide trying to explain Islam, it’s origins and it’s schisms. As a practicing Muslim from an enlightened country he told us that he was appalled that the West and especially Europe allowed our cultures to be hijacked by Muslims imposing themselves and their cultural ideas and dress on our society in a completely disrespectful way.

I realise that there are some who post on here that may well dispute or argue the toss about the above, however this is just a report of the end of a very interesting day.

A399B9CD-FD4C-4820-8EFF-0D36254A64AA.jpeg

On 10/19/2018 at 2:55 AM, Tothesunset said:

Am trying to persuade OH that we need to take the Spirit Athens-Dubai itinerary for Nov 2020. She has 2 objections: 1. Leaving the dog for 3 weeks and 2. Pirates. 

If you do end up in a cell in Mogadishu please don't tell her. 

TTS - I just saw this post since we are seriously considering taking the Athens - Athens - Dubai in November 2020.

49 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

TTS - I just saw this post since we are seriously considering taking the Athens - Athens - Dubai in November 2020.

We booked while on board the Whisper. Very much looking forward to seeing a part of the world we know only a little.