Miami Airport Taxi with small children

jg25

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me here as the Miami Airport website isn't great in my opinion.

I will arrive at Miami Airport in 3 weeks time with a 4 year-old and a 1 year-old.

Will I need to pre-book a taxi before arrival as they will both need car seats and we won't have them with us.

Any advice appreciated.

John.

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me here as the Miami Airport website isn't great in my opinion.

I will arrive at Miami Airport in 3 weeks time with a 4 year-old and a 1 year-old.

Will I need to pre-book a taxi before arrival as they will both need car seats and we won't have them with us.

Any advice appreciated.

John.

You can try South Florida Shuttles...We have used them when we have needed transportation that would provide carseats for our little's.

http://www.southfloridashuttles.com

(954) 227-0311

• 5 weeks later...

This won't help you for the 1 year old, but for your 4 year old, if you're going to be doing taxis and such frequently, we've loved our mifold booster for travel. (Or even carpooling or other logistical issues.)

Its a fully certified booster seat that folds up to about the size of a clutch purse. I wouldn't use it for full time use or a really long trip, but for hopping in and out of cabs in various places its been awesome. You unfold the plastic seat, pull out the hip belt arms, have the kid sit on it, clip the waist belt in, do any adjustment needed for the shoulder belt strap, clip the shoulder strap in and you're good. We travel enough and run around the city enough that having one has been worth it.

When my kid was too little for the mifold, we did shuttles to avoid needing a carseat after getting off an airplane. Good luck!

Most airlines will let you check car seats without a charge.   Booster seats are super easy that way.    The full on car seats are harder,  but still doable. 

Not ideal, but an option if others are looking at this thread.

4 hours ago, TheLadyK said:

This won't help you for the 1 year old, but for your 4 year old, if you're going to be doing taxis and such frequently, we've loved our mifold booster for travel. (Or even carpooling or other logistical issues.)

mifold has had some problems when tested lately and is no longer highly recommended by car seat techs. Especially, for 4 yo kids, who aren't usually big.

23 minutes ago, mdjohn5 said:

Most airlines will let you check car seats without a charge.   Booster seats are super easy that way.    The full on car seats are harder,  but still doable. 

Not ideal, but an option if others are looking at this thread.

car seats can be used on the plane... If you are wheeling it on a hand truck all the way to the gate anyway, might as well use it on the plane. That's the only way to guarantee its safety. Car seats get thrown around like luggage and may get damaged, even if gate checked.