Edinburgh Military Tattoo - Princess only

adstz

I have been looking at excursions for the Military Tattoo on my British Isles trip for next August. Princess is currently offering seating in Premium and Front Corner.

Do they ever offer seats in the sides? I know the end is supposed to be the better place to sit but I like the idea of the sides better.

Thanks.

I have been twice and I think you get a better overall view from the sides, I have been near the end of a side and high up and it was still excellent as long as you are OK with climbing up the bleachers steps.

I booked direct with the tattoo organisers, and made our own transport arrangements, way way cheaper but I can understand someone wanting the easy way to do it with Princess.

7 hours ago, adstz said:

I have been looking at excursions for the Military Tattoo on my British Isles trip for next August. Princess is currently offering seating in Premium and Front Corner.

Do they ever offer seats in the sides? I know the end is supposed to be the better place to sit but I like the idea of the sides better.

Thanks.

You can go online and join Friends of the Tattoo for a small fee.  Once you join, you can virtually select your own seats.  We selected a dinner package with seating in section 9 which were great seats. I would not necessarily choose the dinner package but it's a great way to get the seats that you want before they are released to the general public.

In the past, Princess has offered the side seats.  Just remember that almost all performances face the opposite side of the castle (their backs to the castle), so you won't be seeing a front view of much at all.
We also ordered online with the Edinburgh Royal Military Tattoo website and picked our seats (opposite the castle in the nicer, padded seats) and our dinner at the Whiskey Experience too which was amazing.  Princess adds on a ridiculous charge to do the transportation for you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 2:31 PM, -Lew- said:

Don't opt for front row seating as you won't be able to see much of what is happening.  We sat about half way up in the corner opposite the castle and thought it was a perfect view. 

x2.