Can't get to first unread post

I found it. It is either the round blue button or the blue star to the left of any thread with new posts. Both work the same. (I think the star is for threads you are following, but I'm not sure.)

However, the top of the first unread message is cut off, under the cruise critic banner. That needs to be fixed.

15 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I found it. It is either the round blue button or the blue star to the left of any thread with new posts. Both work the same. (I think the star is for threads you are following, but I'm not sure.)

However, the top of the first unread message is cut off, under the cruise critic banner. That needs to be fixed.

Our roll call thread is missing a star and blue button but the threads above have one.  Buttons stop at our thread.  I assume it's a work in progress still?

Ruth

32 minutes ago, lighthousemom said:

Here are long, detailed, step by step instructions for how to get to the list of all your subscribed threads, with the ones with unread content in bold. 

New CC how to.docx

Thank you for incredibly clear instructions, lighthouse mum,  which I followed faithfully, step by step.

I suspect the Amsterdam roll call is still under revision/construction.  Some threads have pale blue numbers showing while the majority do not.  And my thread of interest is one of the 'do not' ones.  

I'd like to see those earlier threads all posted within this year.

I've printed your instructions which might work at a later point.

Ruth

Edited by Been There, Planning That

49 minutes ago, Been There, Planning That said:

Thank you for incredibly clear instructions, lighthouse mum,  which I followed faithfully, step by step.

I suspect the Amsterdam roll call is still under revision/construction.  Some threads have pale blue numbers showing while the majority do not.  And my thread of interest is one of the 'do not' ones.  

I'd like to see those earlier threads all posted within this year.

I've printed your instructions which might work at a later point.

Ruth

Which thread are you looking for? Maybe I can find it!

1 hour ago, lighthousemom said:

Which thread are you looking for? Maybe I can find it!

It's the Amsterdam HAL roll call.

Aug 26-Sept 9, 2019 Seattle Anchorage Round Trip - Great Alaskan Explorer cruise

It appears about a third of the way down.  There are now just three subscribers.  It was never an overly active thread of probably a dozen or so following and posting.  Mine was the last post.

I suspect you have skills I've never acquired or even know I needed.  Thanks

Ruth

8 minutes ago, Been There, Planning That said:

It's the Amsterdam HAL roll call.

Aug 26-Sept 9, 2019 Seattle Anchorage Round Trip - Great Alaskan Explorer cruise

It appears about a third of the way down.  There are now just three subscribers.  It was never an overly active thread of probably a dozen or so following and posting.  Mine was the last post.

I suspect you have skills I've never acquired or even know I needed.  Thanks

Ruth

Well, at least you found it! It just appears to be a very slow Roll Call. Sometimes they're just like that. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise anyway!

2 minutes ago, lighthousemom said:

Well, at least you found it! It just appears to be a very slow Roll Call. Sometimes they're just like that. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise anyway!

It will be a great cruise without or without a roll call.  And my inability to reread those first pages is certainly not a cruise breaker.  We've only done one 7 day return from Vancouver so we hope to see more this time.

HAL cruises often have slow roll calls; it's just that only the last few posters before the shut down remain on the subscriber list.

Thanks for both your help and interest in my minor problem.

RUth

• Like 1