subscribed threads not showing up in user CP. also multiple alerts

the bell at the top of the page gives me updated info that there are new posts in a thread i subscribed to but under managed content, even threads i posted in yesterday dont show up

also my email was inundated with notifications . in the past there was always just 1 per thread 'until you returned to the forum' and that was a great feature. but with new forum if 10 people post i get 10 new emails and thats too much clutter

also edit topic button at bottom of this post should be submit or enter "edit topic' to me means i'm entering the post to edit, not that i'm submitting the post

Edited by luckyinpa

3 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

the bell at the top of the page gives me updated info that there are new posts in a thread i subscribed to but under managed content, even threads i posted in yesterday dont show up

Click on the Activity tab at the top of the page then 'My Activity' and see if that gets you what you want.

also my email was inundated with notifications . in the past there was always just 1 per thread 'until you returned to the forum' and that was a great feature. but with new forum if 10 people post i get 10 new emails and thats too much clutter

In your Account Settings (use the pull down in the upper right next to your name), go to notification settings and you can change when you get notified (including the ability to not notify you any more until you visit the page).

also edit topic button at bottom of this post should be submit or enter "edit topic' to me means i'm entering the post to edit, not that i'm submitting the post

Sorry, not picturing what you're referring to.

sadly the my activity doesnt show what i want. i'm guessing they are still indexing

corrected the notification setting

edit topic is only if you edit a topic. if you hit edit then do your typing, then at the bottom it says edit topic. technically its correct that you ARE editing topic but ive alway seen 'submit ' or 'enter' or 'complete edit' in the button to complete my post. to me edit topic means open the window to edit. not that i've completed but maybe i'm the only one with that position

When you post something you have to click the 'follow' button for it to show in your 'Manage followed content'.

It is not automatic as it was before....tho it should be.

and now I am off to click the 'follow' button for this thread.

18 minutes ago, thinfool said:

When you post something you have to click the 'follow' button for it to show in your 'Manage followed content'.

In your notification settings for the board (Account Settings -> Notification Settings) you can set it up to automatically follow threads you post in. 

Now I went in to edit to see what OP was referring to and I still don't understand.  Here's a snapshot of this edit...

image.png.8371d67e6261e9f4805531fa6a8b1d93.png

I am working on a desktop.  Maybe it's different on a tablet or phone?

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.

5 hours ago, thinfool said:

so there are threads ive been following for years and they show up in managed content but they arent even updated if i would post in them today. (specifically i posted in the # of days thread and it never updated that either me nor anyone else ever posted in it the past 2 days but we have)

so i'm lost what to do but it sounds like you are saying ill never get ANY updates unless i go to each of my threads in managed content and some how follow them 'from today forward?"

thats a huge undertaking. wow. not fun😮

1 minute ago, luckyinpa said:

so there are threads ive been following for years and they show up in managed content but they arent even updated if i would post in them today. (specifically i posted in the # of days thread and it never updated that either me nor anyone else ever posted in it the past 2 days but we have)

so i'm lost what to do but it sounds like you are saying ill never get ANY updates unless i go to each of my threads in managed content and some how follow them 'from today forward?"

thats a huge undertaking. wow. not fun😮

In your notification settings (Account Settings -> Notification Settings), you can select when and what you get notified to.  I'm not following any old threads, so I can't guarantee it works, but you should check your settings (some are turned off by default.  You may want/need them on).

i just postedin the the number of days thread, and it shows i'm following yet look whats at the top of the page

also to be clear. i'm not worried about the notification. i'm worried it doesnt show up at all in managed content even when i write in the thread. so the managed content link isnt working

image.thumb.png.97970f94ff4b3782c0f8697de52a5265.png

Edited by luckyinpa

5 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

In your notification settings for the board (Account Settings -> Notification Settings) you can set it up to automatically follow threads you post in. 

Now I went in to edit to see what OP was referring to and I still don't understand.  Here's a snapshot of this edit...

image.png.8371d67e6261e9f4805531fa6a8b1d93.png

I am working on a desktop.  Maybe it's different on a tablet or phone?

they already changed it to SAVE. i dont see the EDIT POST button when i am finished my edit. that was quick

17 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

image.thumb.png.a6015b7804599687bf86e4f876f4f979.pngi tried using the new feature ...wanted all unread from areas that i follow. zero showed up there. i hope its because index is processing. do you think thats it?

I *THINK* so.  I don't know if indexing works from oldest to newest (makes sense and would fit the symptoms) or newest to oldest (in which case, there could be a problem). 

11 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

sadly the my activity doesnt show what i want. i'm guessing they are still indexing

corrected the notification setting

edit topic is only if you edit a topic. if you hit edit then do your typing, then at the bottom it says edit topic. technically its correct that you ARE editing topic but ive alway seen 'submit ' or 'enter' or 'complete edit' in the button to complete my post. to me edit topic means open the window to edit. not that i've completed but maybe i'm the only one with that position

If you want a very detailed description of how I set everything up so that it works for me the way I want it to, send me an email at lighthousemom at gmx dot com. 

ill wait till indexing is done before i totally panic

but even for this thread, which is correctly showing in managed content, i click on it and it does NOT take me to the first unread post. this is a critical feature for me which i'm not sure anyone else cares about but i hate scrolling through to figure out what i read last. 

for a brand new thread id think all 'features' should be completed though? 

2 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

but even for this thread, which is correctly showing in managed content, i click on it and it does NOT take me to the first unread post. this is a critical feature for me which i'm not sure anyone else cares about but i hate scrolling through to figure out what i read last. 

Clicking on the name of the thread will only take you to the first post (I believe that's how CC worked in the past too).

If you want to jump to the first unread, you need to click the circle or star to the left of the thread name.  You will see the circle/star in the forum listing or in the Activity listings.  You will NOT see it in the 'Manage Followed Content' page.

see thats what was great about the old managed content. i clicked on my thread and took me to last unread. 100% positive of that cause thats how i always did it. i hope that returns

i do not know for sure if in the forum clicking on the title did the same. just a guess that it did. 

15 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

Really, send me an email. It's long and detailed but will get you where you want to go!

lighthousemom at gmx dot com

59 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Clicking on the name of the thread will only take you to the first post (I believe that's how CC worked in the past too).

If you want to jump to the first unread, you need to click the circle or star to the left of the thread name.  You will see the circle/star in the forum listing or in the Activity listings.  You will NOT see it in the 'Manage Followed Content' page.

I figured the part out about having the ability to get to the last post read in the activities settings screen.  However, what I don't like is that every time someone posts on a thread I am following, it shows up as a separate line.  There is a thread I am following right now, and there are at least 5 or 6 different entries for the same thread, noting someone who posted in that thread.  Right now, I can dig my way through them all, but I can't imagine how many screens I would have to load to find all my followed threads when the board is truly operational.  Some people I follow have very popular reviews, with many posts every day.  A new line in activities for each of those posts will kill me!

32 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

I figured the part out about having the ability to get to the last post read in the activities settings screen.  However, what I don't like is that every time someone posts on a thread I am following, it shows up as a separate line.  There is a thread I am following right now, and there are at least 5 or 6 different entries for the same thread, noting someone who posted in that thread.  Right now, I can dig my way through them all, but I can't imagine how many screens I would have to load to find all my followed threads when the board is truly operational.  Some people I follow have very popular reviews, with many posts every day.  A new line in activities for each of those posts will kill me!

In your activity listing, there's a "menu" structure toward the top.  Set the far left to be "Items Only" and that should get you what you want.

image.thumb.png.102607835d596843ebaa5de36c779835.png

7 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

In your activity listing, there's a "menu" structure toward the top.  Set the far left to be "Items Only" and that should get you what you want.

image.thumb.png.102607835d596843ebaa5de36c779835.png

Thanks.  That got rid of all the extra activities, but now it is not showing all the threads I am subscribed to.  Those do show up in my manage followed content list, but of course, I can't get an easy first unread like I can by using my activities stream.  Also, a few of the listed threads aren't showing that I have unread posts in them.  For example, one shows that the last post was made September 28th, but in the actual thread, the last post is October 8th.

5 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

Thanks.  That got rid of all the extra activities, but now it is not showing all the threads I am subscribed to.  Those do show up in my manage followed content list, but of course, I can't get an easy first unread like I can by using my activities stream.  Also, a few of the listed threads aren't showing that I have unread posts in them.  For example, one shows that the last post was made September 28th, but in the actual thread, the last post is October 8th.

I'm guessing the reason you're not seeing all the content is the indexing is still going on.  Hopefully once that is complete you'll see the full lists.

On your example about unreads, this is another guess, but if the last post was Oct 8, that was before the switch to the new software and maybe it's not registered as a "new" post because it happened on the old software?

20 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I'm guessing the reason you're not seeing all the content is the indexing is still going on.  Hopefully once that is complete you'll see the full lists.

On your example about unreads, this is another guess, but if the last post was Oct 8, that was before the switch to the new software and maybe it's not registered as a "new" post because it happened on the old software?

Thanks.  I'm hoping that's all it is.  Right now, I can work around all my old subscribed threads, because now that they've brought back post numbers, I can click on an old thread, then just make my way to the last post count I recorded using the old fashioned way - pen and paper!

21 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

image.png.2164e490d9470f230968fd2b71194ee0.png

I'm having the exact same issues as described in this thread. I am trying to figure out a way to get something like what User CP used to give me - just a list of the threads that I follow that have new posts in them, and way to click to get to the last post read.

I'm going to try changing the notifications as shown above, but does it really only give the option of having to get both a notification (the little bell, I assume) AND an email? What if I don't want emails? Is there a way to just get the notifications but no email? I don't want my inbox flooded with notifications - I just want to see them in one place, on the little bell.

Sorry if this is confusing - this whole thing is very confusing, and I fear we're going to lose a lot of our roll call members who won't want to spend hours trying to figure out how to make CC work for them. And that's going to cost me money, as I've paid deposits on private tours and now can't get hold of people who wanted to join us. 😞

I hope someone can help me with the notification issue!