Really Confused

oh2cruise

44 minutes ago, swigso said:

Was this site sold to Expedia or Tripadvisor?

Expedia sold off Tripadvisor over 10 years ago.  Up until the new site change over the site domain showed Tripadvisor as the owner but since the change over it is now showing as blind. The site is using the hosting service as the registered company. It list  cscprotectsbrands.com as the register.  I believe it is still owned by Tripadvisor.

1 hour ago, Expat Cruise said:

Expedia sold off Tripadvisor over 10 years ago.  Up until the new site change over the site domain showed Tripadvisor as the owner but since the change over it is now showing as blind. The site is using the hosting service as the registered company. It list  cscprotectsbrands.com as the register.  I believe it is still owned by Tripadvisor.

Hmm. Does this indicate an outsourcing of system administration?  I've been wondering if CC may be a victim of its own success... 

1 hour ago, dutchclogs said:

Hmm. Does this indicate an outsourcing of system administration?  I've been wondering if CC may be a victim of its own success... 

Not really I run several business website and all are set to private or anonymous. I believe most sites operate this way. It reduces the amount of spam and makes it hard to attack the website.

I don't want to sound like I work for CC, but I've been in IT since 1979 so I've learned a few things - though I can't wait to retire.  The site IS IMPROVING, but the indexing may still be going on.  Getting used to navigating the forums and especially the threads will take time to be comfortable with. As someone posted earlier, "Patience is a virtue" - though I'll add, "Good bourbon helps."

• Haha 1