Viva Vino

parkslopegal

On 12/21/2019 at 11:43 AM, mycy1000 said:

If anyone has an opinion on Viva-Vino vs the Premium Plus beverage package, I would be happy to hear it. We are sailing on the Getaway in two weeks. I only drink wine. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thank you. 

We are moderate drinkers and do not like the NCL beverage package.  Last time on NCL Dawn, we brought our own wine and it worked well, but I wasn't aware that the Viva-Vino packages were still available.  When I called NCL to ask about it, they didn't know about it.  Apparently, you have to buy it once onboard.

If we cruise NCL again, we would likely go with the Viva-Vino package.  We used to buy the mid range one.

5 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

We are moderate drinkers and do not like the NCL beverage package.  Last time on NCL Dawn, we brought our own wine and it worked well, but I wasn't aware that the Viva-Vino packages were still available.  When I called NCL to ask about it, they didn't know about it.  Apparently, you have to buy it once onboard.

If we cruise NCL again, we would likely go with the Viva-Vino package.  We used to buy the mid range one.

The program is not promoted heavily and is not available pre-cruise for ordering.

When you board your ship look somewhere in the Atrium or ask at Guest Services where the Viva-Vino table/kiosk

will be set-up - on larger ships there maybe more than one location i.e. Pool Deck.

Once located the purchase of the wine is straight forward and easy (you don't take the wine with you at that

time but can have it delivered to your cabin or available at any bar or restaurant)

In your cabin your cabin steward will provide the wine glasses and cork screw.

In a suite the Butler will take care of your needs.

And when you check your on board account the program maybe billed to the MDR which you will not have visited

and question the expense.

On 1/18/2020 at 3:06 PM, musicgal said:

We are seriously considering bringing 6-9 bottles of our mid priced wines on board and paying corkage as what I see in terms of the unlimited drink package tips far exceed that nominal cost, and the quality of the Viva Vino package doesn't hit the right notes for us.  Some of the wines are fine- but I am not familiar with many of them.  We just got a case of Vista Flores Catena Malbec which is fabulous.  So- unless I go down the list and get a few sample bottles of their list, I think we are going to pack our own. Too bad we can't bring Coke products on:)  I prefer the occasional Coke over Pepsi too.

Certainly bringing your own bottles is the surest way to have the wines you enjoy at your fingertips.  Of course, you must be willing to buy and transport the bottles yourself as well as pay corkage fee, but if you can shrug that off (we can) it works well. 

Until you board you will not know what wines will be on on Viva Vino list for your ship/sailing, as the list can change at any time.  And of course there is a small risk they will be out of stock of a listed wine when you go to purchase your package.  That said, if we could not/would not carry on our own bottles, Viva Vino would be our next option.  DH enjoys wine, I drink very little, so beverage package is not a great deal for us as a couple.