Regal Horizon Buffet Supper Menu

Belle Mermaid

The offerings, for the most part, do change every evening.  Popular sides will repeat.  There are theme nights.  Not familiar with the hibachi so can't comment.  We find HC on Royal Class ships to be an excellent alternative to the MDRs.

3 minutes ago, nini said:

The Regal buffet is fabulous! We were on it a few weeks ago and just got off of the Celebrity Reflection and the Regal is FAR superior - in our opinion.

were 'both sides' ever open at the same time. i guess i went in off hours but only front or back was ever open. never both at the same time

1 minute ago, luckyinpa said:

were 'both sides' ever open at the same time. i guess i went in off hours but only front or back was ever open. never both at the same time

Yes, all of it was open most of the time on our cruise last week.  Occasionally one of the "lanes" would be closed for cleaning, but that was rare.

We ate in the main dining room in the evenings last week, but I often went to the buffet for supplementary eating.  (We were displeased with the MDR food on this sailing, but that's a subject for another thread!) I saved all my Patters, so I have the nightly themes as listed there.  They were: Mongolian BBQ, Soup, Tex-Mex, Soup, Soup, International (it seemed to be Brazilian to me that night), and Oktoberfest.  Now that I think about it, soup isn't really much of a theme, but that's what the Patter says for those nights.

Edited by snowmaiden

2 hours ago, snowmaiden said:

We ate in the main dining room in the evenings last week, but I often went to the buffet for supplementary eating.  (We were displeased with the MDR food on this sailing, but that's a subject for another thread!) I saved all my Patters, so I have the nightly themes as listed there.  They were: Mongolian BBQ, Soup, Tex-Mex, Soup, Soup, International (it seemed to be Brazilian to me that night), and Oktoberfest.  Now that I think about it, soup isn't really much of a theme, but that's what the Patter says for those nights.

Thank you for this information.  Just curious, where on the patter is the list of buffet themes?  I was reviewing my patters from January and I cannot located any of that information.

6 minutes ago, Belle Mermaid said:

Thank you for this information.  Just curious, where on the patter is the list of buffet themes?  I was reviewing my patters from January and I cannot located any of that information.

On the very back of the patter in the location where they list the times the buffet is open, there is usually the theme listed next to the dinner time for the buffet.  At least there is where I found it a couple of years ago on the Regal.  

I wanted to also add that the Regal buffet was amazing, the Mongolian BBQ and the Octoberfest dinners were great and a couple of nights they have fresh crepes being made that were out of this world as well.

19 hours ago, Akaicb said:

On the very back of the patter in the location where they list the times the buffet is open, there is usually the theme listed next to the dinner time for the buffet.

From this summer's Regal TA...

Regal%20Dining%20Guide.png?raw=1

On 10/22/2018 at 7:03 AM, luckyinpa said:

Its a totally different setup with many lanes going from one side of the ship to the other.

Sometimes lanes and serving stations will be closed down during service.

Its a fabulous buffet.

18 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Its a totally different setup with many lanes going from one side of the ship to the other.

Sometimes lanes and serving stations will be closed down during service.

Its a fabulous buffet.

there's absolutely 2 areas. front or back. ive only seen half be open at a time though.

or are you saying that every single row has something totally different when every single row is open? which means i literally missed half the buffet when the many lines were shut down during the times i visited. which i dont believe for one minute

24 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

there's absolutely 2 areas. front or back. ive only seen half be open at a time though.

or are you saying that every single row has something totally different when every single row is open? which means i literally missed half the buffet when the many lines were shut down during the times i visited. which i dont believe for one minute

No you asked if one side was closed.

I was referring to closures not about any food offerings.