Cannot Change Display Name

• 5 months later...
On 10/18/2018 at 7:00 PM, Dranuc2016 said:

I also would like to change my Display Name.  I have also sent an email requesting this change to the address above.

Thank you 

Vince

Were they able to change it?  I have also sent an email and was wondering how long it would take.  

On 10/18/2018 at 10:44 AM, CC Help Jenn said:

You can shoot us an email and we will handle for you 🙂  Please include your new choice when you email 

help@cruisecritic.com

Do you get to keep your history? Do your old posts reference the new name?

Asking for a friend😉

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Do you get to keep your history? Do your old posts reference the new name?

Asking for a friend😉

It can be done keeping posting history, profile pic, signature, etc etc  and all other info in-tact. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

@czaggi

Display name and user name are the same. Yes, your new log in will be the new name if it is changed and your current password. All your prior posts will then show as your new user name if it is changed. However any old posts that are quoted will have the old user name in the quote. Yes, there is a limit but I do not know the amount of spaces allowed. Remember all user names must comply with the Inappropriate Content section in the Guidelines where the following is stated:

... The above applies to all user-generated content throughout the site, including user names.

Send the email to help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record. Include your current user name and a list of at least 5 different choices for a new user name. They will go down the list and use the first one that is available. With over a million and a half members, it may take a while to find one not already in use.

I sincerely hope this will be useful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.