Packing a suit or tuxedo

me...

I know this is probably a dumb question, but how do you get your suit or tux to not be wrinkle city after the luggage is handled by people other than yourself.

This is my first post and thought maybe someone here could tell me some secrets of how to pack the fancy stuff!

Thank you.

Use a garment bag or suitcase with garment section (the kind with straps or rods to keep clothes from shifting), put tissue paper or tee shirts between layers, close buttons and lay into bag making sure you don't make pleats or creases in unwanted places and don't cram the rest of the bag full of stuff, just gently fill it with other items.

and if all that fails. the formal nites aren't typically until the 2nd or 3rd nite out , giving you time to get either a suit or tux pressed by the ship's laundry prior to the time you will need it. If you are considering renting a tux, you might want to look at http://www.cruiselineformal.com You can rent a tux thru them for about $85 and it will be waiting in your stateroom.

The plastic dry cleaner bags work very well, packing in a garment bag is the best way to carry a suit or formal dresses. The plastic bags allow some air to be trapped, to cushion your clothing from pressure, therefore no wrinkles.

Now, for the rest of your clothes. To avoid a lot of wrinkling, the secret is to pack so your clothing doesn't shift, but not so tightly the clothing is squished. We achieve this by packing folders. There are several brands out there, I'll post a pic from ebags so you can get the idea. It not only keeps your clothes from shifting, if your suitcase is inspected, the security does not have to rummage through your clothes as much. We pack things that we don't care about wrinkling, such as underwear, bathing suits and pajamas in compression bags, they look like huge ziploc bags, but have a one way valve where you can squeeze the air out.

http://www.ebags.com/eagle_creek/pack_it_reg_folder_15/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=5356

I'm a bit obsessed with packing and I like to be very organized when we're away from home.

Archived