Odyssey - 18 nights Athens to Barcelona LIVE ON BOARD

galeforce9

1 hour ago, galeforce9 said:

Here are last night’s menus from the main restaurant, along with a few of my selections.  

Thank you for posting the menus - much appreciated

I'm new to Seabourn so can you share how you captured the image of the menus? - are they published on the ships network using something like Press Reader so guests can access them online? 

If you were able to also post an example of the daily newsletter that would be appreciated

On 10/19/2018 at 1:39 AM, FlyingScotSailors said:

Eleanor, we hope you and Neil have a great cruise.

We board the Quest on Sunday, and will "follow" you as the internet allows.

Ann & Peter

Ann and Peter

i hope you’re having a great cruise.  It would be nice to hear of your adventures. 

Eleanor and Neil 

Thank you Galeforce9 for the great pics' they bring back lovely memories of our past Odyssey cruise. You have my mouth watering reading the menus. Who is the Executive Chef on Odyssey at present?

It is such a delight to read the menus the previous night left in the Suite and go to sleep dreaming of tomorrows delacies. Can't wait for our next cruise.

Edited by koalapanda

Thank you Galeforce9 for all the information. Keep it coming!! 

My wife and I join you on Odyssey in Rome on Saturday and we would be interested to see the "Complementary Wine List" if you have managed to obtain one. It seems to vary by ship and sailing location.

We are unlikely to board before 14.30/15.00 so we are also interested if any food will be available then or even room service as sometimes it is not available on embarkation day. I think you ate in the Patio but I guess you boarded much earlier.

I notice from another contributor that the MDR is closed on port days?? Has this been the case on your cruise so far? Does it make the Colonade a bit frenetic?

Looking forward to Saturday.

Loving the photos of Napflio. I was there in my youth and remember it being very pretty, very Greek. Just perfect. It still looks wonderful 30+ years later. I especially like the pic with the cannon and Odyssey :classic_ohmy:  

Thank you for the menus too. 

2 hours ago, John117 said:

We are unlikely to board before 14.30/15.00 so we are also interested if any food will be available then or even room service as sometimes it is not available on embarkation day. I think you ate in the Patio but I guess you boarded much earlier.

2 hours ago, John117 said:

Thank you Galeforce9 for all the information. Keep it coming!! 

My wife and I join you on Odyssey in Rome on Saturday and we would be interested to see the "Complementary Wine List" if you have managed to obtain one. It seems to vary by ship and sailing location.

I notice from another contributor that the MDR is closed on port days?? Has this been the case on your cruise so far? Does it make the Colonade a bit frenetic?

Looking forward to Saturday.

Here are today’s programme of activities and opening times of the venues.   

The restaurant has been open for lunch, although I’m not sure about on the first day.  

The patio grill shuts at 3 30 and was also open on embarkation day, unlike in the Summer on Quest.  

I dont yet have a complimentary wine list but am working on it. 

7A765294-9979-4B58-BEFD-30596C5FA06C.png

C9B93A5F-DCB0-424A-B695-DD25F308F378.jpeg

7CFC370F-0761-4AEB-B4B1-E86D606E7E8B.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, koalapanda said:

Thank you Galeforce9 for the great pics' they bring back lovely memories of our past Odyssey cruise. You have my mouth watering reading the menus. Who is the Executive Chef on Odyssey at present?

It is such a delight to read the menus the previous night left in the Suite and go to sleep dreaming of tomorrows delacies. Can't wait for our next cruise.

The food has been very good so far and I have high expectations.  I’m not sure of the chef’s name but will share it if I learn it. 

4 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Thank you for posting the menus - much appreciated

I'm new to Seabourn so can you share how you captured the image of the menus? - are they published on the ships network using something like Press Reader so guests can access them online? 

If you were able to also post an example of the daily newsletter that would be appreciated

I’ve posted the daily news schedule above. 

There’s an onboard WiFi set up that is free to gain access to the schedule, restaurant menus, itinerary and onboard account etc. There are instructions in your key folder about how to log on.  It’s straightforward but I heard the people at Seabourn square assisting someone this morning. 

My phone allows a screen grab by clicking the home button and the on/off switch simultaneously.  I used this to capture the images from the above intranet.  My phone is an iPhone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jenidallas said:

Who is the current cruise director/assistant on the Odyssey?  Do you know if that team will be on through the transatlantic?

Hi 

I think the cruise director is British but I can’t recall her name. It’s not Sophie. Sorry.  Will let you know if I find out.  

1 minute ago, galeforce9 said:

I’ve posted the daily news schedule above. 

There’s an onboard WiFi set up that is free to gain access to the schedule, restaurant menus, itinerary and onboard account etc. There are instructions in your key folder about how to log on.  It’s straightforward but I heard the people at Seabourn square assisting someone this morning

Many thanks - very much appreciated

Great to hear of their availability online 

57 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

Loving the photos of Napflio. I was there in my youth and remember it being very pretty, very Greek. Just perfect. It still looks wonderful 30+ years later. I especially like the pic with the cannon and Odyssey :classic_ohmy:  

Thank you for the menus too. 

Thanks.   I’d never been there before and it was nice to see somewhere different.  It felt like a slice of unspoilt Greece.  I’ll try and post more menus. It’s the TK Grill for me tonight again.  

• Thanks 1

Not many photos today.  We’re docked in Katakolo, which is the port for nearby Olympia.  I’ve been here and to Olympia a couple of times, so we opted to stay on board for most of the day.  The town is very small and we had a 30 minute stroll off the ship.  Today started with a thunderstorm and rain.  It has cleared a bit and it’s warm enough to sit by the pool, although the deck is still wet in patches. 

8E7C1FD3-29D2-448B-A115-AF47FE56AE6D.jpeg

521092B8-F430-472C-94AE-301EB0A54F0D.jpeg

D418F90C-619B-4371-B40D-C479E70F195E.jpeg

7504F80B-8E73-476A-8D6F-FA85CFA7737E.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, galeforce9 said:

Hi 

I think the cruise director is British but I can’t recall her name. It’s not Sophie. Sorry.  Will let you know if I find out.  

Is it Ashley, by chance?  I’ve sailed with her when she was still on assistant on Odyssey.  I recall that both she and Chris got promoted to CD.

Edited by jenidallas

Love the pics of Naplio. Brings back wonderful memories as we have been there a few times. It is actually my favorite Greek port because it is not overrun run with tourists (like us) . My favorite thing to do there is walk up the approximately 1000 steps to the Palmidi Castle, wander around a bit and take in the views before heading back down to the well deserved lunch. 

As to Katakalon,  we have been to three times and after visiting Olympia on the first visit the next two times we took a few mile walk along the nice beach ( firm sand - easy walking). One another occasion I rented a car and drove to an interesting monastery about 30 minutes out of town.

Can’t  wait to see where you head next. 

And Jenidallas, on our recent cruise on the Quest Ashley was Jan’s assistant CD. 

It was a cloudy day in Corfu Town.  We caught the shuttle in.  Climbed to the top of the fort overlooking the town and watched whilst the town was swamped with passengers from the Costa Delicioza and Aida Blu. Still, thanks to some prior research, we knew that was going to happen and we saw what we wanted to before it got too busy. We then wandered around the narrow streets of the old town before back to the ship. 

EA2A39E0-56DB-4927-A3C4-A19783C594A6.jpeg

025F8B50-835F-4D61-8B56-5ADA55D0AFAF.jpeg

C0EC7407-F78A-492A-BFAA-9B8C339AF539.jpeg

33BAD109-67CB-4662-82EC-08DD333214E9.jpeg

69AEDC58-EF16-4685-9044-A6C5C7AFB565.jpeg

689F5765-E24D-4418-A797-82902C1792A7.jpeg

DA048887-ECE5-41F1-A167-C72BC8AD82AE.jpeg

4AD5981A-E3F0-4BA1-9129-A0D042302861.jpeg

BE2A61FB-D996-4437-90EA-4DC2573226F5.jpeg

F7817524-3D9E-4F2A-8B62-C09CC4BF08FF.jpeg

The evening after Katakolon was scheduled to be a booking for four in the TK Grill.  However, despite having booked the table in April, the restaurant were determined that we had no reservation, until we produced evidence of course and then it was still an embarrassing struggle, which spoiled everyone’s evening.  It’s something that has yet to be fully resolved to our satisfaction. 

Edited by galeforce9