How is the airport shuttle service by Hyatt Place?

screenname2004

I just used their shuttle the 27th of September.  I called the hotel after I retrieved my luggage.  I was told to turn right as I left the terminal(3) and go to the end.  The driver was waiting when I got there.  It cost $2 per room and that is charged to your final bill.  I didn't realize it would be billed so I gave the driver $4 cash which became his tip. Very fast service and very nice driver.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nat9511 said:

I just used their shuttle the 27th of September.  I called the hotel after I retrieved my luggage.  I was told to turn right as I left the terminal(3) and go to the end.  The driver was waiting when I got there.  It cost $2 per room and that is charged to your final bill.  I didn't realize it would be billed so I gave the driver $4 cash which became his tip. Very fast service and very nice driver.

Will be staying there in Dec. Did the shuttle have a Hyatt sign?  Thanks

We stayed there last year and plan to again this year.   Waited about 20" for the shuttle at the airport (I believe the website says the shuttle rounds every 30").   The driver was good and avoided the rush hour traffic to get us to the hotel quickly.   The van was marked, but we were also told to be sure we got on the Hyatt Convention Center 17th Street van (there's also the Hyatt by the airport), and the first Hyatt van we saw was not the one for our hotel.  

We took the shuttle to the port, and it was also very efficient.   It seemed to be transport by another company, and not Hyatt.   We got on the 11 AM shuttle (it started boarding early), and it was a very comfortable little bus that was full.  11 AM on a Saturday was QUITE a busy time.    I've read that UBER would be a little cheaper to the port, but we're ok with the shuttles.   

Edited by kdakda
typo

Hyatt does not run the shuttle service to the port, another company does and it is $7 p.p. It is a very nice shuttle service we have used it 3-4 times. Hyatt charges $2 per trip to or from the airport only to cover their cost of every time they enter the airport. This is not p.p. but for everyone in your group. 

Would someone be able to confirm whether we have to call the hotel for the airport pickup, or whether they come automatically at regular intervals? Their website seems to say both:

The shuttle to the cruiseport is $7.00 per person and you may sign for shuttle at time of checkin. The shuttle departs hotel at 10am , 11am , 12pm & 1pm.

Shuttle from Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood Airport is $2.00 per room . If you need shuttle from the airport please contact hotel 954-763-7670 and you will be given directions to the shuttle pick up spot. The shuttle picks up at airport every half hour beginning at 7am and 11pm is the last pick up. 

I ask because unless there is a complementary courtesy phone inside the terminal, a cell phone call to the hotel asking for the pickup will invoke an $8 one time charge which I would prefer to avoid.

50 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I ask because unless there is a complementary courtesy phone inside the terminal, a cell phone call to the hotel asking for the pickup will invoke an $8 one time charge which I would prefer to avoid.

Why would there be an $8 charge? From your cell phone provider?

We used the service yesterday and I did call them. I have the feeling if you don't call, you have to wait until they drop someone off at the airport. Maybe that is the every 30 minutes run?

31 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Why would there be an $8 charge? From your cell phone provider?

We used the service yesterday and I did call them. I have the feeling if you don't call, you have to wait until they drop someone off at the airport. Maybe that is the every 30 minutes run?

With our roaming plan, if I use my cell phone in the US it automatically incurs a charge of $8 for that day's use, though after that first use, it's unlimited calling for the rest of that day. We RARELY use cell service when travelling.

2 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

They leave the hotel at a 1/4 and 3/4 past the hour every hour. It takes about 10 min to get to the airport. If you call them they will come and get you as soon as you call,so you do not have to call it you are prepared to wait a half hour.

Thanks for the confirmation. Though we've stayed there before, we've never used their hotel shuttle from FLL. Since we arrive early and aren't in any rush, we'll try it this time.

6 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

I have been reading that there have been problems with getting thru security at PE while in an Uber vehicle.  Did you have any issues?

I replied to the other thread about my ride. The uber drive has to show his driver license, screen of his phone to show our destination is PE and he opened the trunk to show our luggage. We only have to show our picture ID. More strict than before but no issue. 

The Hyatt Place wants to charge you for something, either shuttle service from the airport or parking.  We took a cab to the Hyatt and then a parking charge appeared on the bill in the morning.  We needed to get the bill corrected before we left in the morning.  Talking with others at the hotel, this also happened to them, so check your bill.   You should also note that the shuttle stops running sometime around 11 pm even though several flights arrive after 11.  This hotel seems more inclined to add charges than other hotels in the area, so I avoid staying there.  We've never had a problem with Uber drivers entering the port for a drop-off.  We use Uber every time to get from the hotel to the port.

Edited by bigbeergut

Ix200gps      if you are interested there is a service called Roam Mobility (a Vancouver BC company) which has daily plans  for cell service while in the USA  The most expensive plan is $4.95 plus tax (daily)for unlimited testing ,calling, emails, and calling back to Canada.and data of 512 mbs (daily)......you can take it for a day or less than 30 days (then it becomes a monthly plan ) You do require a SIM card from them that costs about $9.99 and be picked up at Staples and probably other computer stores 

Have used them several times.  Airport pickup times vary, sometimes very quick, sometimes 20-30 minute wait.  BE SURE TO GET ON THE RIGHT Hyatt Place van, as there are two different locations and vans.  You want 17th Street Convention Center.

We have taxied it to the pier, which was great the first time and poor the second (never showed).  The doorman took pity on us after awhile and drove us to the pier on the shuttle bus by ourselves - I think it cost $7 or $8 each.

Nice hotel and a great staff.

On 10/29/2018 at 4:00 PM, DaveOKC said:

Have used them several times.  Airport pickup times vary, sometimes very quick, sometimes 20-30 minute wait.  BE SURE TO GET ON THE RIGHT Hyatt Place van, as there are two different locations and vans.  You want 17th Street Convention Center.

We have taxied it to the pier, which was great the first time and poor the second (never showed).  The doorman took pity on us after awhile and drove us to the pier on the shuttle bus by ourselves - I think it cost $7 or $8 each.

Nice hotel and a great staff.

Did you ask the hotel or doorman to call the taxi?  If so, they probably didn’t call just to get you on the shuttle.  You need to make your own call for the taxi.  Kickbacks to the hotel and doorman are common to generate more business.  Uber or taxis will always be cheaper and more convenient transportation options around the airport and port.  Perhaps the equation changes if you are staying farther from the port.

BIG BEER GUT, you may have had a bad time but it is not the norm for this hotel. We have been there 4 times now in the last 2 years and, they are by far the nicest people to do business with. If you need a taxi they will call for you. They do not own the shuttle service too the port. They have a sign up sheet, but you pay the shuttle the day you ride it.

Like most hotels near Everglades, the Hyatt Place port transfers are outsourced to a transportation partner. The user experience (once the van arrives) depends on the transport company and not Hyatt Place. This is why there are occasional not-so-good reviews. 

I am not a fan of hotel shuttles to/from any port and prefer to avoid lines and multi-stops and hordes of lost passengers waiting impatiently for these vans to arrive. Much easier, cheaper and pleasant to use ride-shares like Uber.

A few transport companies serve many hotels so your favorite driver from Hyatt Place today will be driving passengers from a different hotel tonight!

However, Hyatt Place has its own airport vans and here is a picture:

Hyatt-Place-Transportation.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe