Embarkation in San Antonio, Chile especially Neptune Suites

scubacruiserx2

I am not aware they board any different in different locations, unless there is a physical limitation, or if this is a separately sold segment of a longer cruise. Can you tell us what was different at Valparaiso ?

We have come on at a stop booked as a separately sold segment a couple of times. If the number of people joining is small (in our cases, about 100 people boarding out of 1300 on board, and about 300 of 2100 onboard), the boarding process can be short and a little different, with no priority for suites, or 4 or 5 star Mariners. But it was still pretty quick and easy.

3 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

I am not aware they board any different in different locations, unless there is a physical limitation, or if this is a separately sold segment of a longer cruise. Can you tell us what was different at Valparaiso ?

We have come on at a stop booked as a separately sold segment a couple of times. If the number of people joining is small (in our cases, about 100 people boarding out of 1300 on board, and about 300 of 2100 onboard), the boarding process can be short and a little different, with no priority for suites, or 4 or 5 star Mariners. But it was still pretty quick and easy.

It was the beginning of the cruise. Both times boarding was tedious. Long wait, disorganized and late. They kept our passport at check-in. Once checked-in had to walk and board a bus to get to the ship. 

We were not in a suite, so I don't know if there is separate boarding.

Thank you for responding. No physical limitations.  Valparaiso did not seem to be set up for cruise passengers. You had to bus to the ship after check-in and at disembarkation took a bus from the ship to reclaim luggage and exit port. More of a shipping port. I am trying to find out about San Antonio embarkation and if Neptune Suites have a separate boarding. 

5 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

So it sounds like a physical limitation problem...no good dockside facilities. 

16 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

It was the beginning of the cruise. Both times boarding was tedious. Long wait, disorganized and late. They kept our passport at check-in. Once checked-in had to walk and board a bus to get to the ship. 

We were not in a suite, so I don't know if there is separate boarding.

You'll find you'll have to take a shuttle to the ship from the terminal building in San Antonio also, but the building is a much nicer one and the ride is shorter.  Overall, I liked San Antonio over Valparaiso but you still have quite a trip to make to get there from Santiago, which probably is why there is such a crowded, tedious line.

For the most part, South American ports aren't made for cruise passengers, they seem mostly to be working, commercial ports that will accommodate cruise ships.

Edited by 0bnxshs

22 hours ago, 0bnxshs said:

You'll find you'll have to take a shuttle to the ship from the terminal building in San Antonio also, but the building is a much nicer one and the ride is shorter.  Overall, I liked San Antonio over Valparaiso but you still have quite a trip to make to get there from Santiago, which probably is why there is such a crowded, tedious line.

For the most part, South American ports aren't made for cruise passengers, they seem mostly to be working, commercial ports that will accommodate cruise ships.

Thank you.