Question about Sideways Interior on Royal

atdahop

My sister was in M525 and the noise was horrible. They are beneath the uncarpeted area where everyone walks, the carts with supplies, furniture and other heavy stuff  are wheeled, etc. It was constant day and night. 

The cabin itself was excellent but being rung under the buffet was awful. 

We’ve had a sideways interior, and we liked it, only draw back is lack of privacy as you enter or leave the cabin. Can’t help you in the individual cabin position you mention. We always try and avoid cabins below public areas. 

4 hours ago, atdahop said:

Thanks Pam, I am going to book a similar one on Aloha deck. I have never been in a sideways interior and they look larger.

I always book a cabin on the Caribe deck. Pam told me she booked C323 on the Royal It’s a sideways cabin.

I booked it and it was very nice. Pam is Great!! and always willing to help everyone. 😁 

Thank you again Pam,

Tony

1 minute ago, Lucky TGO said:

I always book a cabin on the Caribe deck. Pam told me she booked C323 on the Royal It’s a sideways cabin.

I booked it and it was very nice. Pam is Great!! and always willing to help everyone. 😁 

Thank you again Pam,

Tony

Aww... thanks. Yes, I’ve had a sideways cabin and loved it. Wouldn’t hesitate to book another.  

Actually, I did book a sideways inside for a B2B on the Royal in April/May but then I was able to upgrade to a balcony for $100 more and get $600 OBC instead of the beverage package under a Sip ‘n Sail promotion. For me, that was a no brainer. 

12 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

Aww... thanks. Yes, I’ve had a sideways cabin and loved it. Wouldn’t hesitate to book another.  

Actually, I did book a sideways inside for a B2B on the Royal in April/May but then I was able to upgrade to a balcony for $100 more and get $600 OBC instead of the beverage package under a Sip ‘n Sail promotion. For me, that was a no brainer. 

Hi Pam,

I think it was in 2017 when I asked you if C323 was quiet. You told me it was so I booked it.

a good friend of mine  Diane told me to say hi. Do you remember her?

Tony

B7D46BE1-8277-4E08-AF73-84F259EAA7AB.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

a good friend of mine  Diane told me to say hi. Do you remember her?

Tony

Of course! I met Diane three years ago on the Pacific Princess’ 50th Anniversary cruise in the Sterling Steakhouse. The Love Boat cast were all having dinner next to us and Diane and her husband were on the other side. We wound up chatting and they joined my sister and me for dinner. Diane lives not too far from me. We’ve had dinner a few times. Really nice people. 

7 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Thank you again Pam,

Tony

we were in C323 on the Regal in March - very nice and quiet

25 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Pam, How do you like the set up in a sideways interior cabin for three people?

The extra beds come out of the walls, not the ceiling. Should be fine for three ladies with the lower beds in twin configuration, not so good for a couple who want them as a queen. The extra space would be a plus for three people vs. the standard inside cabin. 

I’ll be in touch about having dinner some time. Would love to get together 🙂

22 minutes ago, Pam in CA said:

The extra beds come out of the walls, not the ceiling. Should be fine for three ladies with the lower beds in twin configuration, not so good for a couple who want them as a queen. The extra space would be a plus for three people vs. the standard inside cabin. 

I’ll be in touch about having dinner some time. Would love to get together 🙂

Thank you, Pam!  Perfect, it's for a girls trip! I'm going to book a Cabo 5 day this morning.

I would love to get together! Let me know when you have time 😊

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

13 hours ago, Pam in CA said:

last year I accidently booked a sideways room (I didn't know about the layout and that the closet is very different), so I was a bit upset. Lo and behold, Princess upgraded us for free to an obstructed balcony.

I loved the sideways room, but wished that I'd booked one that didn't have the extra beds in the wall for more people.  I had the bed made up as just one large bed,as I was alone, and had to watch that I didn't hit my head on the beds attached to the walls, as there was very little space on each side of the bed.