NCL photo s on HAL forum?

sail7seas

I'm  still learning   my  way around  t  he new format here but why are there lafge photos of NCL ship/  M & G  coudn't figure out of what /or  whom were the  photos    as none  are  tagged with identification.

Edited by sail7seas

I'm  still learning   my  way around  t  he new format here but why are there lafge photos of NCL ship/  M & G  coudn't figure out of what /or  whom were the  photos    as none  are  tagged with identification. 

Edited just now by sail7seas

The ones I'm seeing right now are all by the same person.  I'm wondering if they are from someone's gallery?   When I click on Gallery at the top, there are "galleries" there that aren't mine.  They must be public?

People are putting their cruise pictures in the "gallery".  They are for anyone to see.

The Hosts can then select what pictures they want to share with the entire CC to see.

So put together some cruise pictures, make a Gallery and maybe you will see some of your pictures.

Seems like they keep changing them.

I was confused about that as well and wanted to share a few from our Koningsdam cruise this past June. I put them in the Gallery and it took a while until they showed up along the right (I'm browsing on a desktop - not a mobile device). There doesn't seem to be a method of adding comments so I labeled the files such that anyone viewing would know the ship/date or location/date. I also sent email suggesting that the powers-that-be consider organizing the gallery so that it functions in much the same way as THAT-OTHER-SITE-WHO-CAN'T-BE-NAMED since it seems they do a good job of showing off ship features and staterooms using photographs taken by passengers. Interestingly, I just added a photo of my birthday dessert in the Pinnacle Grill on board Eurodam during our 10 day Baltic in 2009 at 6:12am PST. When I opted to post to an existing album, one that was NOT mine showed up as an option? NOTE - the photo that I just uploaded was immediately visible along side (with other photos posted by non-HAL board folks).

Edited by grsnovi
Added info

There is a "newest photos" which just displays the latest photos added to a gallery, no insight on which forum its in. When asked how to disable it, since I didn't need/want to see pictures of someone's dog, was told not going to happen. I let my adblocker deal with it instead and blocked the widget myself.

🙂 Goodie

:shrug:

They are so large and none   have id.   If we have to see them,  it would be better if we at least knew  what   we were looking at.  Nice looking people but who are they?

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

There is a "newest photos" which just displays the latest photos added to a gallery, no insight on which forum its in. When asked how to disable it, since I didn't need/want to see pictures of someone's dog, was told not going to happen. I let my adblocker deal with it instead and blocked the widget myself.

Can you share which  adblocker you're using, and how you got it to block the photos?  Thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, Sea girl 23 said:

I’m aware that some here would prefer not to acknowledge the existence of other cruise lines but I don’t hate it.

I DO NOT hate NCL.  I actually had a very good  cruise on Dawn with my friends and would   be  happy to  return.  Were you also  aware of  that   or just made  an incorrect assumption?

Edited by sail7seas

15 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

People are putting their cruise pictures in the "gallery".  They are for anyone to see.

The Hosts can then select what pictures they want to share with the entire CC to see.

So put together some cruise pictures, make a Gallery and maybe you will see some of your pictures.

Seems like they keep changing them.

Always the newest photos,

26 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I use Ublock Origin and just selected the widget and told it to block.

I have nothing against pictures in posts, or that have context. But just a widget showing the newest pictures that were uploaded? That's a waste of space.

Well put,   I agree.

31 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I use Ublock Origin and just selected the widget and told it to block.

I have nothing against pictures in posts, or that have context. But just a widget showing the newest pictures that were uploaded? That's a waste of space.

Thanks!  I'm finding them distracting, with (mostly) vibrant colours compared to the plain blue & white of the thread titles.  I agree that they are a waste of space. I will check out Ublock 🙂

It appears that photos now have a comment option. I'm guessing that moderators are not in the loop on what photos are seen by all. I suspect that everyone sees whatever was last posted to a gallery. Does anyone know if Petra is a shore excursion on any cruise? Let's hope that there is some logic applied to the posting and sharing. It would seem that if one of the driving reasons for curtailing signatures was memory that allowing unrestricted photograph storage will easily wipe out any savings from smaller signatures.