Caribbean Princess - Solid metal Railing

donh1

I see that the first two balcony cabins forward on the top deck remain available for booking.  Trying to find out if they have a solid metal railing or are they clear glass like all the others.  Very hard to tell from the pictures.  The pictures appear to have a solid metal railing but that might be crew cabins and I'm not sure....

2 hours ago, donh1 said:

I see that the first two balcony cabins forward on the top deck remain available for booking.  Trying to find out if they have a solid metal railing or are they clear glass like all the others.  Very hard to tell from the pictures.  The pictures appear to have a solid metal railing but that might be crew cabins and I'm not sure....

Where? What cabins?

We've never sailed on the Caribbean Princess, but I would be surprised if it was different from the Crown Princess, the Emerald Princess, the Golden Princess, the Grand Princess, the Ruby Princess or the Sapphire Princess.  Our preferred cabin is A201.  We have cruised in A201 on all those ships with the exception of the Grand Princess.  We've done A202 on the Grand Princess.

The balconies on those cabins have glass under the wood railing that you can see through. 

Some lido deck balconies IE: L202 have solid steel instead of glass and have a note in the cabin description in the deck plan when you click on them. These balconies curve a tad with the ships curve forward. However L201 on the starboard side should be the same but there is no note. So yes some that are exposed to that curved area may have steel instead of glass.

Not sure about Aloha deck as there is not notes at all on the deck plan.

We have stayed in L202 before on the CB and a couple of others and it was steel.

If there is a photo of that forward area of the ship then maybe you could see which decks have the steel railing.