Oasis/Port Canaveral timing

tjatczak

I always hate seeing these questions, but this time I REALLY need my Cruise Critic friends...

Sailing Oasis OTS on March 24, what is the earliest REALISTIC flight time out of Orlando?

Can we make an 11:20, will we need to prearrange transportation to MCO?

Thanks

Not to throw a monkey wrench into your plans, but when we got off of Oasis on September 30 this year they were short on customs agents, and our 9:00 scheduled debarkation time was pushed all the way back to 11:00. We didn't get through customs until almost 11:30. Back when Freedom sailed out of Canaveral, we were delayed until Noon because of a coast guard issue with the ship. Just this week a semi crashed and caught fire on the main route from the ship to the airport, and the highway was closed for hours. Ship happens without any advance warning. I'd shoot for an afternoon flight time.

We had an 11:20 flight out of MCO a couple years ago.  As others have said you'll need to do self assist and arrange transportation to the airport.  We made our flight, but not with much time to spare as security took forever.

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not to throw a monkey wrench into your plans, but when we got off of Oasis on September 30 this year they were short on customs agents, and our 9:00 scheduled debarkation time was pushed all the way back to 11:00. We didn't get through customs until almost 11:30. Back when Freedom sailed out of Canaveral, we were delayed until Noon because of a coast guard issue with the ship. Just this week a semi crashed and caught fire on the main route from the ship to the airport, and the highway was closed for hours. Ship happens without any advance warning. I'd shoot for an afternoon flight time.

This is why I suggested the self-assist departure.

• Like 1

As usual, Bob is correct! :classic_wink:  For an 11:20 flight you need to be at MCO just before 10:00 - and 9:30 is better with the TSA chaos that is typical there.  With the drive from PC to MCO taking about an hour, that translates into off the ship, with bags and loading into your pre-arranged transport before 8:30. 

• Like 1

I just got off the ship yesterday.  I had an 11:45 am flight and with using self- assist departure, I was off ship at 7:20 am.  I then booked Cortrans for 8:15 am, but since we were all there, we left port at 7:30 am.  Was at MCO at 8:30 am and since I have TSA Precheck I could have been through security in 5 minutes.  I opted to shop at a few stores and then go through security which took 5 minutes or so.  Regular security was posted as 15-19 minute wait.

I was actually bored waiting for my flight.  Now granted if there was an incident on the ship or the highway, things would have been different.  I'm not sure I want to gamble next time, but I don't have to make that decision for a long time. 🙂

A