Cruise deals

We are thinking of taking our kids (10 and 7) on our first family cruise for Spring Break.  I know it is a peak time and rates are going to be more than other times of the year.

I started researching itineraries about 6 weeks ago and kids sailed free.  Now we are ready to book and the current special isn't as good and the price is $1K more.  

Do specials change or does anyone know of any promotions coming up? Is there a place that usually has the best rates?

Thanks for helping a newbie out!

Kids sail free is a frequent offer. However, the cruise rates often increase to offset the 'offer'.

Another poster in the past week referred to this offer starting again on November 1st, but I don't know this to factual or not.

If your spring break is in March then start by looking at larger TA’s that may still have group space available.  That space gets recalled by Royal 120 days prior to sailing so if there is any  left it will soon disappear. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, M_BA said:

Kids sail free is a frequent offer. However, the cruise rates often increase to offset the 'offer'.

Another poster in the past week referred to this offer starting again on November 1st, but I don't know this to factual or not.

This wasn't the case when we sailed last year.

My niece and her significant other were booked in a triple with 1 child under 12 at regular rates.

About 2 months later they had a kids sail free promotion. I let her know and she called and saved a significant amount of money as they took off the rate of the 3rd person in the cabin and just charged taxes and fees.

Bill

1 hour ago, M_BA said:

Yes kids sail free starts on November 1st.  Notice went out to travel agents a couple days ago.

You are close enough now that you might as well wait for a deal inside final payment. Look at inventory levels on the ship you want (on the RCI UK site) - that will tell you the pricing trend.

Edited by Biker19

We booked for the second week of April 2019, back in August. We saved about 35% with the kids sail free. We were about to book with MSC, but then luckily the kids sail free promo came up. So excited to surprise our 8 and 10 year old. I know RCI has lots of “fake” sales, but the kids sail free is for real a sale. Good luck with your prices!

KIDS SAIL FREE OFFER

EXCLUDES ...

Holiday sailings (Sailings between December 18, 2018 – January 1, 2019)

President’s day sailings (Sailings between February 15 – 18, 2019)

Spring Break sailings (Sailings between March 16 – 30, 2019)

Holy Week/Easter sailings (Sailings between April 13 – 22, 2019)

Summer sailings (Sailings between May 15 – August 31, 2019)

2019 Thanksgiving sailings (Sailings between November 23 - 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, AdGuyMG said:

KIDS SAIL FREE OFFER

EXCLUDES ...

Holiday sailings (Sailings between December 18, 2018 – January 1, 2019)

President’s day sailings (Sailings between February 15 – 18, 2019)

Spring Break sailings (Sailings between March 16 – 30, 2019)

Holy Week/Easter sailings (Sailings between April 13 – 22, 2019)

Summer sailings (Sailings between May 15 – August 31, 2019)

2019 Thanksgiving sailings (Sailings between November 23 - 30, 2019)

Yep...exactly what I thought....basically anytime the kids are out of school....is excluded.

4 hours ago, S.S.Oceanlover said:

This wasn't the case when we sailed last year.

My niece and her significant other were booked in a triple with 1 child under 12 at regular rates.

About 2 months later they had a kids sail free promotion. I let her know and she called and saved a significant amount of money as they took off the rate of the 3rd person in the cabin and just charged taxes and fees.

Bill

Agree. KSF is usually one of the Pluses when it comes to sales...