Triumph - No early boarding for Priority guests

pjfnme

7 hours ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

We are on Triumph now, heading in to dock in the morning. This is the five day that left on the 27th Oct. All guests had to wait outside the terminal until 12 noon last week. Once inside, boarding didn’t begin until 1:30 pm. Cabins were announced to be available at 1:30 for priority guests and 3:00 for all others. It was because of materials being on and offloaded.

Thanks for this information - I imagine it will be the same.  It would look like they would reschedule arrival times that were earlier than that.  My MIL is scheduled to go at 11:00 I believe - she will be quite annoyed if she has to wait outside for an hour. :classic_biggrin:

9 hours ago, SwordBlazer Cruising said:

The most irritating part of embarkation is people thinking they can make the rules as they go. People always have to buck the system

Not really sure what "system" you are referring to or how people are making rules as they go.  It has ALWAYS been that priority guests could board as soon as the ship was ready so I don't know how that is making rules or bucking any system.  The arrival appointment thing is fairly new to Carnival but even then the time hasn't mattered if you were D/P, FTTF or suite. The only thing new I see is Carnival doing things differently for this particular ship due to the work being done.  

7 hours ago, Thorncroft said:

It's been going on for over a month. Priority is still priority. Just a couple hours later than usual. It won't kill anyone to not be busting the door down at 10:30.

As I stated earlier, when I contacted Carnival they told me that they were going strictly by appointment time on the Triumph.  Those who scheduled an earlier appointment time will be allowed inside of the terminal prior to priority guests who had a later appointment time.  When the ship is ready their zone will be allowed on board.  It's not like they are going to hold everyone in the terminal until every last priority guest has arrived.  A delay is not an issue - the fact that they didn't schedule priority guests for the earliest time slot is.   And for the life of me I don't understand the irritation towards people who like to board early.  Why does anyone care what time someone else wants to get on board?  I personally like to start my vacation as early as possible - so while you are right that it won't "kill" anyone to wait a couple of hours (obviously), it is still inconvenient.  

22 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

This is non-news, unless you purchased FTTF, I'd probably ask for a refund. Other than that, it's a delay. It's like posting if my flight was delayed.

Again, I have no issue with a delay.  The issue I have is that priority P/D guests were not automatically offered the earliest arrival appointment.  If you took a later time knowing that you could arrive at the terminal anytime after it opened, then you are basically being told that you have no priority boarding as you are promised.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pjfnme said:

Again, I have no issue with a delay.  The issue I have is that priority P/D guests were not automatically offered the earliest arrival appointment.  If you took a later time knowing that you could arrive at the terminal anytime after it opened, then you are basically being told that you have no priority boarding as you are promised.  

My friend has cruised Triumph twice since this started. The first week of September and third week of October. She's Plat and strolled up in there like she always does and got right on the ship. They just wouldn't let anyone in the terminal until after noon or something like that. I think you're stressing for nothing. What you SHOULD be concerned about is that her cabins didn't have any ac on either cruise and no hot water on the Oct cruise. 

2 hours ago, Thorncroft said:

My friend has cruised Triumph twice since this started. The first week of September and third week of October. She's Plat and strolled up in there like she always does and got right on the ship. They just wouldn't let anyone in the terminal until after noon or something like that. I think you're stressing for nothing. What you SHOULD be concerned about is that her cabins didn't have any ac on either cruise and no hot water on the Oct cruise. 

Well, I definitely hope that's the case (the entering at noon...not the a/c).  Again, I was just going by what Carnival told me over the phone last night but I already know how reliable that can be.  I can't believe that she had no AC or hot water!!!  Did they not even try to repair it?  I hope that she wasn't on Lido!

19 hours ago, pjfnme said:

Hello all.  I received an email from Carnival a little while ago announcing that ALL guest, INCLUDING Diamond, Platinum, FTTF and suite guests, are now NOT allowed inside of the terminal prior to their check in time!  They went on to say that all guest will be turned away if they attempt to enter the terminal prior to this time.  What??!  I am Platinum and have never been concerned with securing an early arrival appointment because we can usually get on board whenever we want.  I know a lot of people like to board late, but It's fun to us to get to the terminal around 10:30 and be on board sipping our drinks by 1115 :classic_cool:.  Needless to say, learning that we can now not enter the terminal until 12:30 was extremely irritating to say the least!  I just wanted to share this information because I know that a lot of people ask if priority passengers have to adhere to their appointment time.  Apparently, at least now for the Triumph, THEY DO!  I wish now that I had logged in and chosen an earlier time when I could have.  :classic_angry:   

OK, first of all relax and take a deep breath. LOL You're going to be fine.

Here is what is going on with Triumph in NOLA. They are using the terminal area for staging materials for room upgrades they are doing during the cruises. They are doing a small section on each cruise. This means they aren't letting anyone in the terminal until around Noon. (normally it is around 10am in NOLA) You are platinum so you get to go in the Diamond/Platinum/Suite lounge where they have cookies and drinks available. As a platinum they will let you in the terminal as soon as it opens. Your appointment time will not matter.

Likely they are going to start boarding the Diamonds around 1pm (and maybe as late as 1:30pm). That will be followed by platinum/suites together, then FTFF, and then others. Instead of leaving the dock at 4pm it will likely be 5pm or a little later.

Finally, if you are in one of the rooms that was re-done on the cruise before yours then there is a chance your room might not be available immediately but it will be available very soon (less than 1 hour) if that is the case.

So bottom line: sleep in, show up at 12:15pm, get on the ship, and have a good time :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NightOne said:

OK, first of all relax and take a deep breath. LOL You're going to be fine.

Here is what is going on with Triumph in NOLA. They are using the terminal area for staging materials for room upgrades they are doing during the cruises. They are doing a small section on each cruise. This means they aren't letting anyone in the terminal until around Noon. (normally it is around 10am in NOLA) You are platinum so you get to go in the Diamond/Platinum/Suite lounge where they have cookies and drinks available. As a platinum they will let you in the terminal as soon as it opens. Your appointment time will not matter.

Likely they are going to start boarding the Diamonds around 1pm (and maybe as late as 1:30pm). That will be followed by platinum/suites together, then FTFF, and then others. Instead of leaving the dock at 4pm it will likely be 5pm or a little later.

Finally, if you are in one of the rooms that was re-done on the cruise before yours then there is a chance your room might not be available immediately but it will be available very soon (less than 1 hour) if that is the case.

So bottom line: sleep in, show up at 12:15pm, get on the ship, and have a good time :)

LOL, thanks.  I'm honestly not freaking out or anything.  I'm just a person that does not AT ALL like change and I'm a natural born worrier...so when I got that email it just made me have a little episode. LOL  I'm all good with it now.  I definitely appreciate the information that you provided!  Now I've got to go and worry about my cabin not having A/C!  LOL

16 minutes ago, pjfnme said:

LOL, thanks.  I'm honestly not freaking out or anything.  I'm just a person that does not AT ALL like change and I'm a natural born worrier...so when I got that email it just made me have a little episode. LOL  I'm all good with it now.  I definitely appreciate the information that you provided!  Now I've got to go and worry about my cabin not having A/C!  LOL

I am the same. I actually figured out a way to get the phone number of the contractor who is responsible for this and I talked to them the morning of my cruise and they told me exactly when they were going to be done that day. Unfortunately, no way to PM it to you on these forums or I would give you the number. :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NightOne said:

I am the same. I actually figured out a way to get the phone number of the contractor who is responsible for this and I talked to them the morning of my cruise and they told me exactly when they were going to be done that day. Unfortunately, no way to PM it to you on these forums or I would give you the number. :)

Wow.....you're like, my idol!!  LOL   Any idea what decks they are working on or have at least started revamping?

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2018 at 8:48 PM, Saint Greg said:

But if I had a 2:30 boarding time...and I bought FTTF to jump that...I’d feel like I got screwed if I have to wait until 2:30 to get into the port. And they’re letting everyone with 11am-2pm boarding times who didn’t pay for FTTF in before me. I could’ve done that without fttf. I could’ve had my room ready by 2:30 without FTTF.  You’ve lost most of the benefits you paid for. That’s horrible. 

Ask for a refund.

I sailed on the October 8th thru the 13th cruise this year and was affected by the same issues.  While we had an 11:30 arrival time that was pushed back to 12:30 a simple call to Carnival and we were informed that PRIORITY guests (I am platinum) and FTTF would be allowed entry into the terminal at noon. We arrived at the port at 1030 thanks to our Carnival transfer from thje airport and checked our bags with the porter. We then headed over to the Riverwalk Mall and hung out until 1145. We got back to the terminal at 1155 and a LARGE line had formed at the door of MOSTLY FTTF guests. When they opened the doors at noon PRIORITY guests (diamond, platinum and suites) were called to enter first after we hopped out of line then FTTF were allowed to enter. Priority guests waited in the Captain's lounge while FTTF waited in a seating area in the main terminal. Noone boarded before 1:30 BUT they did have all cabins ready. We had our luggage waiting for us in the room when we boarded whereas others had their luggage sitting outside their door.  We were in room 7365, a standard balcony, which had just been finished being renovated and was very nice. It had two regular plugs at the desk 4 USB charging ports (2 at the desk and 2 over the bed) an outlet in the bathroom as well as a mini fridge.

With all the people that showed up at noon they ONLY thing they were looking for on boarding passes was PRIORITY or FTTF.

AND TO FOLLOW UP:

When it came time to board boarding started at 1:30 and went in this order per the staff's announcement:

Diamonds

Platinums

Suites

FTTF

Then Zone numbers

Captains Lounge.jpeg

FTTF Waiting area.jpeg

Edited by MediumB

18 minutes ago, MediumB said:

I sailed on the October 8th thru the 13th cruise this year and was affected by the same issues.  While we had an 11:30 arrival time that was pushed back to 12:30 a simple call to Carnival and we were informed that PRIORITY guests (I am platinum) and FTTF would be allowed entry into the terminal at noon. We arrived at the port at 1030 thanks to our Carnival transfer from thje airport and checked our bags with the porter. We then headed over to the Riverwalk Mall and hung out until 1145. We got back to the terminal at 1155 and a LARGE line had formed at the door of MOSTLY FTTF guests. When they opened the doors at noon PRIORITY guests (diamond, platinum and suites) were called to enter first after we hopped out of line then FTTF were allowed to enter. Priority guests waited in the Captain's lounge while FTTF waited in a seating area in the main terminal. Noone boarded before 1:30 BUT they did have all cabins ready. We had our luggage waiting for us in the room when we boarded whereas others had their luggage sitting outside their door.  We were in room 7365, a standard balcony, which had just been finished being renovated and was very nice. It had two regular plugs at the desk 4 USB charging ports (2 at the desk and 2 over the bed) an outlet in the bathroom as well as a mini fridge.

With all the people that showed up at noon they ONLY thing they were looking for on boarding passes was PRIORITY or FTTF.

AND TO FOLLOW UP:

When it came time to board boarding started at 1:30 and went in this order per the staff's announcement:

Diamonds

Platinums

Suites

FTTF

Then Zone numbers

Captains Lounge.jpeg

FTTF Waiting area.jpeg

That sounds good. And that second picture looks about like it did at noon when I was getting on the Dream in August. In fact that may be the exact seat I was sitting in...Boarding in zones. Filling every seat in each zone. It was packed up like that but about a 10 min wait before I boarded. 

Edited by Saint Greg

On 10/31/2018 at 7:48 PM, Saint Greg said:

But if I had a 2:30 boarding time...and I bought FTTF to jump that...I’d feel like I got screwed if I have to wait until 2:30 to get into the port. And they’re letting everyone with 11am-2pm boarding times who didn’t pay for FTTF in before me. I could’ve done that without fttf. I could’ve had my room ready by 2:30 without FTTF.  You’ve lost most of the benefits you paid for. That’s horrible. 

FTTF can ignore times when it comes to being allowed to get into the terminal. They go through the priority line outside of the terminal too. No one without FTTF would get in before you without you being able to get in too. :)

Whoa, I would be livid over this. I no longer cruise Carnival if I cannot snag an FTTF prior to final payment day. I know, take it easy, who cares when you get on the ship, relax. Well frankly, I do, and take it easy and relax is just not me, so that's that. Save your, you don't need FTTF for another thread. 

Since I have FTTF I usually book a very late arrival appointment to save the early arrival appointments for people without FTTF as I can arrive as soon as they open the process. In the case of my next cruise, I would be sitting with a 1 pm arrival time. I am not sure how I would handle this. Not well is a good guess.  

Quote: "I sailed on the October 8th thru the 13th cruise this year and was affected by the same issues.  While we had an 11:30 arrival time that was pushed back to 12:30 a simple call to Carnival and we were informed that PRIORITY guests (I am platinum) and FTTF would be allowed entry into the terminal at noon."

I would be ok with this. 

Edited by asalligo

3 hours ago, MediumB said:

AND TO FOLLOW UP:

Diamonds

Platinums

Suites

FTTF

Then Zone numbers

Captains Lounge.jpeg

FTTF Waiting area.jpeg

Oh wow....absolutely wonderful information!  Thanks so much for sharing!

We sailed the Triumph 10/18-10/22 and had FTTF.  When I went to Guest Services asking what the point of FTTF was with such a late boarding time, I was told "You still boarded priority."  I included this in an email and the survey because, without having a tender port, FTTF is really kind of pointless if one is boarding after lunch.  I could've taken my kids elsewhere for lunch and still boarded at roughly the same time (as my check-in time would've only been 30 minutes later with the delay).   Good luck getting a refund if you purchased FTTF!

20 hours ago, txjenny77 said:

We sailed the Triumph 10/18-10/22 and had FTTF.  When I went to Guest Services asking what the point of FTTF was with such a late boarding time, I was told "You still boarded priority."  I included this in an email and the survey because, without having a tender port, FTTF is really kind of pointless if one is boarding after lunch.  I could've taken my kids elsewhere for lunch and still boarded at roughly the same time (as my check-in time would've only been 30 minutes later with the delay).   Good luck getting a refund if you purchased FTTF!

If you ever have to stand in line in the regular guest services line you may re-think that "pointless" comment. :)

Also, priority luggage and dedicated telephone number to call from your room.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NightOne said:

If you ever have to stand in line in the regular guest services line you may re-think that "pointless" comment. 🙂

Also, priority luggage and dedicated telephone number to call from your room.

The ONLY benefit this time was the skipping the "regular" guest services line to be told we "still boarded priority".  There was TONS of luggage outside doors when we boarded (and I can't believe that was all priority), debarkation was a hot mess and the issue we called guest services about (outlets/TV not working) took two hours to resolve.  It was a circuit breaker (and no, I wasn't using a blow dryer or surge protector).  😉 I could've fixed it in less time, phone calls or manpower (it took 3 different individuals to assess the issue before the final one figured it out).  I wasn't wanting a full refund since only one of the benefits was a complete waste (and they knew it would be when it was sold)  but it would've been nice to at least be offered chocolate covered strawberries.  LOL  I'm not a complainer by nature but a good will gesture goes a LONG way.  

On 11/5/2018 at 5:57 PM, txjenny77 said:

The ONLY benefit this time was the skipping the "regular" guest services line to be told we "still boarded priority".  There was TONS of luggage outside doors when we boarded (and I can't believe that was all priority), debarkation was a hot mess and the issue we called guest services about (outlets/TV not working) took two hours to resolve.  It was a circuit breaker (and no, I wasn't using a blow dryer or surge protector).  😉 I could've fixed it in less time, phone calls or manpower (it took 3 different individuals to assess the issue before the final one figured it out).  I wasn't wanting a full refund since only one of the benefits was a complete waste (and they knew it would be when it was sold)  but it would've been nice to at least be offered chocolate covered strawberries.  LOL  I'm not a complainer by nature but a good will gesture goes a LONG way.  

You did go ON a cruise though whereas I was stuck at work. :)

• Like 1