Notification list item removal

PSR

I have been to the notification setting section and understand how to get the popup notifications, which is fine. I cannot figure out how to "clean up" the notification list AFTER I have looked at the posted entries. There is no DELETE icon or way to erase the notifications on the list so it doesn't end up going on to infinity, as far as I can figure out. The "bell" does lose it's number once I look at the post list.

Any ideas? Or am I just missing something obvious? This is the list I am talking about.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 12.55.05 AM.png

Edited by PSR

24 minutes ago, broberts said:

I have had occasion to click on View all notifications to find a particular post. My list goes back to the start of the new site.

Yep. If I click the Bell (Notifcations) and the click ☰ View all notifications, I see all the notifications back to the point when the new software came online. I like the notification feature, but I think the notifications should expire at some point. Right now, it's like taking all the hyperactive kids*, feeding them a bowl of sugary breakfast cereals and candy - drowned in chocolate milk - and turning them loose on your year book with a Sharpie™.

View-All.JPG.fa9c625316b2e99ac334685162f9de44.JPG

View-All-Stuplid.JPG.03343c25047617a27bb526f974813382.JPG

* - Can will still say "hyperactive kids"?  From what I've read, we're supposed to say, "ADHD, predominantly hyperactive-impulsive type" but that's too much typing IMO.

Edited by POA1