My Viking Journey - Shore Excursions

ropomo

We booked Viking Homelands for late May 2019 while onboard the Eastern Seaboard Explorer a week or so ago.  It seems strange to me that under shore excursions on My Viking Journey, all days of this sailing currently states that no excursions are currently available, however a complete included and optional excursions can be viewed on the Viking website in the find cruises section.  Is this normal?  As is, I cannot put anything on my wish list, etc.

Edited by ropomo

Yes, this is expected.  The excursions are not populated into My Viking Journey until a few months before your sail date. Then you have the ability to book excursions a certain number of days ahead, based on your cabin category.  This should be explained on your booking receipt from VO.

While sometimes they may still be negotiating with providers I just think this late release policy isn’t a good idea. We are booked in May 2019 for Alaska and there are so many other ships in port. Only being in a deluxe verandah it concerns me that I won’t get a reservation for the excursions I might want and by the time Viking releases my date then the private ones will be sold out. So I’ve pretty much decided I’ll go private anyway and make sure I have a booking for the trips in the ports I want. 

4 minutes ago, stretchcruz said:

Ours just showed up for Feb 24 Auckland to Sydney, but the Sydney to Bali ones are not up yet. 

Have you reached final payment date for the first cruise but not the second one?