UAE List of drugs needing approval to bring into country

texancruzer

http://www.mohap.gov.ae/Files/MOH_Service/361/ANNEX TO TRAVELLERS GUIDELINES 28-10-2018.pdf

Whew - this was really hard to find.  Anyone visiting United Arab Emerites bringing these drugs MUST have proper approval before arriving.

The list is Narcotics, Psychotropic etc.    Any medications that have these in them also must be approved according to website.

Any other medications are OK.  

Hope this helps

How do you propose getting to the ship? Many cruises embark or disembark from Dubai. I would think one would need to go through customs at some point. I have asked for clarification from my TA. We still have time before our April cruise but we do need to get our ducks in a row!

5 hours ago, Bpos said:

If you leave your medications on the ship, what is the problem?

Exactly what Pearl said. Our cruise embarks in Abu Dhabi, so we go thru customs at the airport on arrival. Therefore we will have to jump thru hoops we normally wouldn't have to be bothered with. It's not a huge deal- but will require a visit to the Drs office to get the necessary paperwork. Passengers disembarking in Abu Dhabi or Dubai at the end of their cruise would face a similar situation.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, mom says said:

It's not as bad as it looks at first. And according to the latest communique, pre approval isn't mandatory but you still need to have the necessary documents on arrival.

It's absolutely no different to what the procedures have always been, with the exception of now being able to get prior-approval to carry the listed substances into the country by using the government e-services portal, if people prefer to do that.   The same procedures apply to those of us resident in the U.A.E. as well as those visiting...

Anne..

On 11/4/2018 at 7:57 AM, Bpos said:

If you leave your medications on the ship, what is the problem?

We also fly into Dubai - transfer to Abu Dhabi and embark on our cruise from there.  So Customs and Immigration at the airport.

Luckily neither I nor my husband take any of the listed drugs - I came across this list while researching what drugs needed the approval/dr. paperwork and thought it would be helpful to those also traveling to UAE.

Edited by texancruzer

I have to hank you so much for posting this list.  I leave for my cruise 3 days and disembark in Dubai. I had checked this list a few months ago but the updated list now includes gabapentin.   I was able to reach my MD and get a letter to take with me.     Phew!

1 hour ago, CRUISER94044 said:

I have to hank you so much for posting this list.  I leave for my cruise 3 days and disembark in Dubai. I had checked this list a few months ago but the updated list now includes gabapentin.   I was able to reach my MD and get a letter to take with me.     Phew!

Thats the great thing about this website - we are all here to help each other !  Glad it helped 

• 6 months later...
On 11/1/2018 at 10:45 PM, texancruzer said:

http://www.mohap.gov.ae/Files/MOH_Service/361/ANNEX TO TRAVELLERS GUIDELINES 28-10-2018.pdf

Whew - this was really hard to find.  Anyone visiting United Arab Emerites bringing these drugs MUST have proper approval before arriving.

The list is Narcotics, Psychotropic etc.    Any medications that have these in them also must be approved according to website.

Any other medications are OK.  

Hope this helps

Hi, this page does not exist any more....?

47 minutes ago, little britain said:

Thanks but that is just the form to fill in..... no list???!  I read somewhere that there were 71 items on the naughty list...I'm just looking for the brand names.....?

Click on the Annexe to Travellers link on that page it will take you to the full list but it is with genetic names of the drugs/substances not brand names, and there are a lot more than 71...

Anne

2 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

Click on the Annexe to Travellers link on that page it will take you to the full list but it is with genetic names of the drugs/substances not brand names, and there are a lot more than 71...

Anne

Thank you!