Black Friday Deals

Sarcastic Mama

5 minutes ago, Treyatl2006 said:

Last year they offered On board credits and reduced deposits. 

I was on Liberty last Black Friday. Both my sister and I booked a cruise for this Thanksgiving on Black Friday last year. There was no additional OBC or lower deposit than what  they offer on any other day of the cruise. The same offer is also good for two weeks after your cruise.  That was the last cruise I booked on a ship. Now I just book future cruises online after finishing a cruise, since there is no longer an incentive to book during a cruise. 

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I was on Liberty last Black Friday. Both my sister and I booked a cruise for this Thanksgiving on Black Friday last year. There was no additional OBC or lower deposit than what  they offer on any other day of the cruise. The same offer is also good for two weeks after your cruise.  That was the last cruise I booked on a ship. Now I just book future cruises online after finishing a cruise, since there is no longer an incentive to book during a cruise. 

I recieved both a reduced deposit and $50 OBC during black Friday for my Cruise on the Magic we went on this past July. They did run this for 2 weeks.

Edited by Treyatl2006

21 minutes ago, Treyatl2006 said:

I recieved both a reduced deposit and $50 OBC during black Friday for my Cruise on the Magic we went on this past July. They did run this for 2 weeks.

Let me correct myself. I went back to my invoice Carnival emailed me from last year... The name of the sale Carnival ran was called "Cyber Dollar Day Early Saver Sale".... This sale offered room upgrades for $1, $50 OBC, and reduced deposits. Also my already booked cruise fare went from $2860.94 to $2521.25.

How is a reduced deposit considered a sale? You still pay the full amount for the cruise. A 10% discount on the shore excursions is not really that exciting because once on the pier a tout will sell you the same experience for about half price. The only time I would buy a shore excursion is if I know there will be a late return to the ship. Examples are the Rhythms of the Night show in PV,  Mexico, and excursions in Italy that involve a long bus ride. The traffic there can be unpredictable.

1 hour ago, Moviela said:

How is a reduced deposit considered a sale? You still pay the full amount for the cruise. A 10% discount on the shore excursions is not really that exciting because once on the pier a tout will sell you the same experience for about half price. The only time I would buy a shore excursion is if I know there will be a late return to the ship. Examples are the Rhythms of the Night show in PV,  Mexico, and excursions in Italy that involve a long bus ride. The traffic there can be unpredictable.

I have always viewed the reduced deposit as a benefit to Carnival.  I think a lot of people would be more inclined to book a cruise when it only costs $50 per person to book the cruise, even though they still have to pay the full price for the cruise like you mentioned. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have always viewed the reduced deposit as a benefit to Carnival.  I think a lot of people would be more inclined to book a cruise when it only costs $50 per person to book the cruise, even though they still have to pay the full price for the cruise like you mentioned. 

They should love this week. Deposits for many sailings have dropped to a dollar! Now I did not see if that was per stateroom or per person. 

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, Moviela said:

How is a reduced deposit considered a sale? 

Indeed, I don't consider it a sale, but I do consider it an incentive: with $50 pp deposits, it is effectively a way to limit losses should I need to cancel prior to final payment day - if I need to make a change, which is usually at a fee of $50 pp, it might be just easier to cancel the whole thing rather than scramble to figure out a new booking.

And for some folks, cashflow is important - $50 pp spent now to snag the desired cabin/deck/whatever, then saving up for a whole year for the final payment close to the actual cruise date, may be the best way to optimize your choices.

22 hours ago, Moviela said:

They should love this week. Deposits for many sailings have dropped to a dollar! Now I did not see if that was per stateroom or per person. 

Where do you have this at? I am looking at my next cruise & $1 deposits I am down for, sale or not.

On 11/3/2018 at 8:41 AM, martinchem said:

Last year 10% off shore excursions and spa. 

A few years ago 10% off gift cards. 

They seem to do something every year. 

Glad I saw this.  I want to order some AARP gift cards to pay off my cruise, is this BF sale usually just the same or 10% more off?  Thanks!

57 minutes ago, LuckyStar said:

Glad I saw this.  I want to order some AARP gift cards to pay off my cruise, is this BF sale usually just the same or 10% more off?  Thanks!

Last year we used Carnival charge card which always gives a 10% discount on excursions and stacked it with the bf 10% offer, so we got 20% off our excursions.  I don't why it couldn't be paid for with a gift card.

I have no idea if Carnival is offering anything for bf this year, but if you can wait, I  would.