GoPro?

Mr. Click

Chesneygirl, All signed up! Do you find that more often than not, you are shooting in mostly one rez and FPS? It looks as if I shoot in the higher frame rates, I'll need to use HandBrake to convert them from HEVC due to my desktop being 3+ years old. I'm not going to let that stop me but was just wondering one rez and FPS most useful.

Edited by masterdrago

1 hour ago, masterdrago said:

Chesneygirl, All signed up! Do you find that more often than not, you are shooting in mostly one rez and FPS? It looks as if I shoot in the higher frame rates, I'll need to use HandBrake to convert them from HEVC due to my desktop being 3+ years old. I'm not going to let that stop me but was just wondering one rez and FPS most useful.

For my GoPro settings I shoot in 2.7k at 60fps 99.9% of the time.  Hopefully that answers your question. :)

About the only time I use my GoPro anymore is for time lapse (balcony railing!), mounted to something moving like a kayak or car so that I'm hands free, or where there's water involved.  I do most of my video (which isn't a lot) using my iPhone and a DJI Osmo Mobile.  I never really did get to know how to efficiently move through the GoPro menus using the buttons on the GoPro itself (I have a Hero 4 with just the small LCD display on the front).  I keep pushing the top and side buttons until I eventually get to where I need to go 😏.  Found it much easier to sync to my phone and control everything from there.

Mr. Click - Not sure if this helps you, but one of the things that got me excited about video is post production.  I enjoy the computer aspect (same as for stills).  If you think Photoshop has a steep learning curve, try Premiere Pro!  Check out Peter McKinnon on YouTube for some video inspiration and instruction.  He just posted a 23 minute video called The Bucket Shot that's worth watching.  He's a great photographer as well.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:10 PM, Chesneygirl said:

This cruise video was shot entirely on a GoPro Hero 5. 🙂

For when you were walking through the airport and up to the sign, were you using some sort of stabilizer or just holding it with your hand, or a selfie stick? I am thinking about buying one. 

The scenes of me walking through the airport we’re done by attaching the GoPro Jaws clamp to my rolling carryon and I went for a quick walk while we were waiting to board. The other scene with the board showing flights was done using the GoPro Karma Grip.  

Hope this helps! 🙂

Edited by Chesneygirl

6 minutes ago, Chesneygirl said:

The scenes of me walking through the airport we’re done by attaching the GoPro Jaws clamp to my rolling carryon and I went for a quick walk while we were waiting to board. The other scene with the board showing flights was done using the GoPro Karma Grip.  

Hope this helps! 🙂

It does, thank you! 

• 4 weeks later...

I saw that a poster was wondering about remote control.....  There is a phone app where you can control it using your phone.  I mount my GoPro near my bird feeder, watch from inside my house on my phone and have gotten some GREAT pics!  Looking forward to bringing it on my cruise in April.  Here are a few of the birdfeeder pics...

GOPR1324 kiss me.jpg

landing.jpg

squirrel.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 2:47 PM, Chesneygirl said:

Hope this helps! 🙂

You cost me a lot of money today. 😉

GoPro Hero 7 Black, 3x 128GB SDcards, GoPro battery charger, 3 extra batteries, GoPro Shorty, GoPro 3-Way, GoPro Floaty stick, and a bunch of other mounts have all been ordered. I did the trade in so my PNS will ship out Tuesday. As soon as they receive it my order will ship. 

• Haha 1

Besides snorkeling and beach stuff (since the newer models are waterproof without the case/housing), I mostly use my GoPro to take stills inside churches and buildings......the fish eye is really helpful in capturing the entire scene that my current DSLR lenses struggle with. It’s also so small and non-descript that sometimes you can capture a quick photo in an otherwise photo-free zone. I just put in on a 2 second timer interval, hold it up quickly, then put it back in my pocket......I deal with the on/off button later so as not to draw attention to myself. I also like that it doesn’t make any noise, unlike a DSLR shutter click, so again you can stay incognito.

45F98DC1-D0FE-4C44-894F-D7501934AE37.jpeg

D8668128-116F-4E5A-804D-F12608391411.jpeg

Edited by GlennaRoseGoes

• 2 weeks later...

Those clips are put together so well, girl. Master work indeed. Is this the first movie you've made with the 7? I'm having a ball with mine but the learning curve is steep for a movie maker novice. I finally broke down and bought a laptop that can deal with the 4K stuff it outputs. And tell me how did you get a drone on the ship? Again, awesome work.

11 hours ago, masterdrago said:

Those clips are put together so well, girl. Master work indeed. Is this the first movie you've made with the 7? I'm having a ball with mine but the learning curve is steep for a movie maker novice. I finally broke down and bought a laptop that can deal with the 4K stuff it outputs. And tell me how did you get a drone on the ship? Again, awesome work.

Yes that was my first video with the Hero 7. The camera IMO is the best one yet in all of the Gopro's that I've owned over the years.

So glad you enjoyed the video and thanks watching and commenting!! :)