Come Say Hello! I Work On Independence Of The Seas!

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Though I understand the logic by how you came up with 4, I am pretty sure from what I have read in the past it is actually 3. One for the night plus one for the suite plus one for being single. You do not add the one for the night and the one for the suite and then double that to 4 by being single.

You are so right Ocean Boy!  I stand corrected! It is 3 points for a Solo cruiser per day in a Suite!  Seems that Solo should get the 4 as when occupied by  two or more! The only charge a solo are not paying is the tips for more than one person. Of course it is possible that solo is paying only 150% depending on the sale or their Crown and Anchor status which can be an entire new thread! LOL!!

And sorry for addressing you as "Solo" Boy, obviously, I was thinking about the subject as "Solo"! :classic_rolleyes:

Do you cruise mostly with Royal? With all the recent changes, being Diamond Plus, I am re-thinking my future cruise plans.

On 11/7/2018 at 7:45 AM, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

This is a great idea, I hadn't actually thought about doing this!

I'll post the compass every cruise on my Facebook page! Make sure to 'like' me. Search for: ChrisWongVlogs

I just went to FB and liked your page.  I look forward to seeing you post the Compass.  Thank you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SailingShelley said:

You are so right Ocean Boy!  I stand corrected! It is 3 points for a Solo cruiser per day in a Suite!  Seems that Solo should get the 4 as when occupied by  two or more! The only charge a solo are not paying is the tips for more than one person. Of course it is possible that solo is paying only 150% depending on the sale or their Crown and Anchor status which can be an entire new thread! LOL!!

And sorry for addressing you as "Solo" Boy, obviously, I was thinking about the subject as "Solo"! :classic_rolleyes:

Do you cruise mostly with Royal? With all the recent changes, being Diamond Plus, I am re-thinking my future cruise plans.

I do mostly cruise with Royal (and am also D+) but have also done Celebrity. I really like Royals ships and the ability to stay active on them. I also tend to stick with what works for me rather than risk a sub-par experience with valuable vacation time. The major issue that concerns me is Royal stuffing more and more cabins into its ships thus increasing the number of passengers and decreasing public space. If this starts detracting from the on board atmosphere then I may start looking elsewhere. I am also reading on the boards that D+ no longer gets priority entrance with the suites and pinnacles into the terminal. I suspect I am going to find that REALLY annoying on our next cruise. 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I do mostly cruise with Royal (and am also D+) but have also done Celebrity. I really like Royals ships and the ability to stay active on them. I also tend to stick with what works for me rather than risk a sub-par experience with valuable vacation time. The major issue that concerns me is Royal stuffing more and more cabins into its ships thus increasing the number of passengers and decreasing public space. If this starts detracting from the on board atmosphere then I may start looking elsewhere. I am also reading on the boards that D+ no longer gets priority entrance with the suites and pinnacles into the terminal. I suspect I am going to find that REALLY annoying on our next cruise. 

I have actually been on mostly Royal also.  We Did get check in status as D+ when boarding The Indy. Also do Celebrity but find the older Millennium ships not up to par. Our favorite is Reflection-she is the most opened and beautiful!~and have plans to go on our third trip on her in August to the British Isles. The Perks on Royal have us looking there first but like you, am rethinking all the changes. Packing more cabins into every nook and cranny is not cool and does reduce the open spaces and beauty of their ships. I just looked at Azamara and found on the activity deck they have added two suites that stand out like sore thumbs! We always liked that Royals ships all have different features when you sail on the different classes.

Have cruised with Princess, Holland, NCL and Carnival. Your best bet is sticking with their newer ships. Don't be discouraged about any of them as we have never had a bad cruise. With Carnival cruise when the kids are not on Holiday and choose the newer ships with the 2.0 program! We were very happy and amazed with the less carnival like decor on The Sunshine out of Port Canaveral with her $2 million plus do over of the previous named Carnival Destiny! That was the cruise line we were most concerned about trying but everything is definitely different but refreshing! The decor is not the same but there is quality in their dining, entertainment, nightly comedy and enthusiastic make up!

Edited by SailingShelley
wording

On 11/7/2018 at 7:09 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I don't remember Indy ever having a Solarium Cafe.

You memory once again is correct.  Voyager/Freedom class ships have never had a permanent food venue in the Solarium.

On 11/8/2018 at 7:18 AM, SailingShelley said:

Although you cannot buy Loyalty Points, Suite Guests receive Perks better than the best Loyalty Crown and Anchor Club member  on board  by automatically receiving "Ship within a Ship" benefits. Suite guest do pay a hefty price. Special reserved seating at shows, events and exclusive tours are for the Suites (Diamond Plus and Pinnacles are offered this as well).  Suite guests have exclusive dining for all meals as well as having a Butler and Concierge.  There are reserved poolside chair areas.

Just for clarification, there are a couple of incorrect statements here.  

Other than Star Class on Quantum and Oasis ships, suite guests do not get better perks than the highest level in C&A.

In many cases, the top level of C&A (Pinnacle) gets better benefits than suite guests.

The 'ship within a ship' concept really only applies to Quantum and Oasis ships

Only Quantum and Oasis have a dedicated dining venue for Suite guests

Only Star Class guests get a butler (Royal calls them Genies)

Not very many ships have dedicated suite seating that is poolside.  Often somewhere else on the ship.

I mainly bring this up for Chris's sake since he is on a ship not covered with Star Class program.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

Does anyone else like the sushi in Windjammer? I can't wait to try Izumi for the first time!

There is sushi in Windjammer??!!!  On all ships?  On all nights?  You're making this up. This is too good to be true.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

@SailingShelley Hi Shelley!

Can you tell me everything you know about the Drinks Packages? Can you buy drinks on board without this?

There are all different levels of Drink packages, the Classic Soda package around $8.50 a day which is very popular with kids for any and all soda with a special cup. Refreshment package around $26 each per day for soda, coffees, teas, fresh squeezed orange juice, non alcoholic drinks, bottled regular and sparkling water and a special cup.  The deluxe beverage package cost varies from ship to ship from $44 to 65 a night per person depending if you purchase before or during your cruise and any sale that may be offered. This  includes mixed drinks valued up to $13.50 each, glasses of wine, 40% discounts on bottles of wine under $100 and 20% discount on bottles over $100 each. This deluxe package includes every drink in the refreshment package with the complimentary cup and a plethora of liquids. and liquor. If you can buy these packages before boarding, you may catch it on a special and get a better per day cost. Sometimes this package can be included on a Cruise sale. They range widely in price. Royal now requires that if one person has this package in a cabin, all in the cabin must also purchase. This is because there were issues with package holders handing out their drinks to others on their cruise.

All drinks can be purchased individually on board as well, without any special drink package. Obviously, the beverage drink packages are very expensive and you would really have to try hard to make it be any savings-I think the breaking point is at 6 drinks a day and tips are not included in the package.

I am giving you what I know second hand as I do not purchase these packages being a Diamond Plus member, and I just don't drink that much in the bars. When boarding in the beginning, I enjoy the evening drinks but as time goes on I have less interest. By the end of my 42 night journey, I am hardly doing the bars in the evening. When your cruise is very port and tour intensive, there just is no motivation to be drinking a lot for me. Of course, that is definitely a matter of personal taste. My interest is more about getting out and seeing the ports as well as enjoying the on board entertainment and activities.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, abrow098 said:

Hey I'm Alexis. Cruising on Jan 12 2019 and I can't wait! If you can, would you be able to post the dining room menus for the 5 night itinerary when the ship returns to Ft. Lauderdale?

Hi Alexis! I plan on posting the daily compass and food menus on my Facebook page! Search for: ChrisWongVlogs

On 11/9/2018 at 3:00 PM, LrgPizza said:

There is sushi in Windjammer??!!!  On all ships?  On all nights?  You're making this up. This is too good to be true.

Just off the Enchantment yesterday.  We ate in the Windjammer two of the three nights.  Each night there was sushi.  It was actually not bad.  On other ships and on other lines I usually try one piece and that is about it.  This time I actually had several pieces each night.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 3:21 AM, abrow098 said:

Hey I'm Alexis. Cruising on Jan 12 2019 and I can't wait! If you can, would you be able to post the dining room menus for the 5 night itinerary when the ship returns to Ft. Lauderdale?

It's actually going to be quite difficult for me to post up copies of the menu, as crew members aren't really suppose to wonder in and out of the Dining Room - unless they're working in there of course.

4 minutes ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

It's actually going to be quite difficult for me to post up copies of the menu, as crew members aren't really suppose to wonder in and out of the Dining Room - unless they're working in there of course.

Aww shucks! Oh well. I'll still follow along :classic_happy: