Is the Jade Garden Villa noisy?

Peachypooh

We have the chance to bid on an upgrade to the Garden Villa on our upcoming Jade cruise.

I know that these cabins are used by families for events like family reunions and weddings, etc. In

fact it would be perfect for that.

if we were in the same situation. But of course with big groups of people come noise. Also I

think they overlook the pool deck. Can anyone who has stayed in one comment?

Thanks.

I am booked in the GV on the Jade this February and will be the first time on Jade, but I have stayed in the Dawn GV, Star GV, Jewel & Pearl  GV's "sister ships to the Jade. The cabins are very quit the only time I have noticed any minor noise was when the crew come in the garden area at around 4:00-5:00 in the morning to clean.

The living area overlooks the pool as does part of the area on the 15th deck with exception to the Pearl there are 2 DOS cabins and the balconies of those cabins have the pool view from the balcony.

You can have food catered for parties and request a bar tender to serve drinks "extra charge" to your guests.

I have never been denied a reasonable request for any thing. We even had Piano playesr play for us on a few special occasions "extra charge".

If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them the best I can.

P3290077.JPG

Just off the NCL DAWN (10/19-26) Garden Villa Horizon Suite 14000 (starboard side)

Virtually the same arrangement as mentioned by Relax@Sea

exception for the Jade

Since this cruise was a New England Canada fall foliage cruise and not a tropical warm weather one

the Pool Deck down below was as quiet as a church house mouse so not a terribly noisy cruise in that respect

The entertainment for the most part was inside the warm confines of the ship.

The deck furniture on deck 15 was tied down at night - things go bump in the night.

Encountered strong crosswinds rocking the ship and the doors to the deck 14 elevator foyer needed to be

shut firmly otherwise a persistent whistling noise.

The only loud parties will be your own unless the neighbors in stateroom next door want to join you or make one of their own.

Be careful with the player piano it can play without you ! LOL !

Back to the noise - inside the stateroom it is really quiet and well insulated - I would suppose that if the entertainment

on the pool deck was amped up that you would hear some of it but for the most part it would be during a sail-away party

or daytime tropical cruise and maybe an evening "White Night" party - so not a persistent annoyance.

The features and amenities are OUTSTANDING for this category of stateroom:

LINK to YouTube video:

Other Video LINKS:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=NCL+JADE+14000&fr=ymyy-t-999&fr2=p%3Amy%2Cm%3Asb&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001&type=sbc_dsl

Click for deck image Deck 14   - 

H1

Features

- Separate bedroom with king-sized bed
- Private bathroom with whirlpool tub and separate shower
- Floor to ceiling glass doors that open to private balconies
- Two additional bedrooms with private baths and showers
- Living room, dining room
- CD/DVD library
- Minibar, refrigerator, safe
- Television, music console, phone, hairdryer.

Perks

Butler / Concierge / Priority Check In / Priority Debarkation / Priority Tender Boarding / Dining in the Stateroom / Fresh Fruit / Welcome Champagne / Complimentary Mini-bar Setup / Thick Cotton Robes / Pillow Menu / Complimentary limo service from pier to airport / Espresso & Cappuccino machine / Special suite menus / Bliss collection pillow-top mattress / Treats delivered to door every night /

Sleeps 6 adults, plus room for 2 rollaway beds and 3 cribs. Amenities also include white tablecloth in-suite dining, priority reservations for the ship\\\'s specialty restaurants, spa and entertainment venues, access to The Haven Courtyard (which has a pool valet, private pool, sundeck, hot tub, and fitness area), as well as invitations to private events. Distinctive key card, butler available to unpack luggage, bottled water, full in-suite breakfast menu, breakfast and lunch at specialty restaurant, fresh flower arrangement, and plush slippers and towels.
Amenities are subject to change without notice.

6 bottles of complimentary booze

With this type of stateroom you would not want to go anywhere

else on the ship

Hope your bid will be successful !

Mine was - play it forward !

Master bedroom has a slight humming noise when the ship is cooking along at sea but not anything that deterred our sleep. 

The livingroom overlooks the pool deck so you need to have the curtains closed at night for privacy.  

The lower deck outside where the hot tub is located has some overflow sounds from deck party music but doesn’t compete with any music you are playing out there.  We brought a blue tooth speaker, the small ones and with that playing we didn’t hear anything from the pool deck. The upper deck areas do have more noise from pool deck but again not anything complain worthy. 

Because of the sheer size of the Jade GV’s , you do see crew around a little more so not always the privacy you would think.  The flags need changed so the flag guys are up doing this above the gv hot tub deck. I think the hot tub guys come in around 4 am through the Haven storage area that separates the gv from the haven sun deck. The hot tub is automatically emptied every week on the last night sometime during the night.  They clean and refill.  Due to size of the tub, it takes a while to heat back up. 

On 11/7/2018 at 10:19 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Wow!  Nice spread!!  Do they charge extra to set up the food buffet?  or is it just extra for bartender and entertainment?  Am thinking this might be a nice way to throw a wedding party.

Yes if you want Lobster and Steak it is extra but they set up most of the meal for free.

We have been in all of the GV's and never had an issue with outside noise.  Noise can be an issue on the Dawn and Star with the shared wall.  We had children in the villa beside us once that enjoyed "playing" the piano a lot.  We will be on the Dawn this coming Sunday and traveling with a 10 month old and 6 month old twins.  We have both villa's.  Otherwise I would pity our neighbors.  All in all they are amazing and will provide you with a wonderful experience.

On 11/7/2018 at 8:44 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

Just off the NCL DAWN (10/19-26) Garden Villa Horizon Suite 14000 (starboard side)

Virtually the same arrangement as mentioned by Relax@Sea

exception for the Jade

Since this cruise was a New England Canada fall foliage cruise and not a tropical warm weather one

the Pool Deck down below was as quiet as a church house mouse so not a terribly noisy cruise in that respect

The entertainment for the most part was inside the warm confines of the ship.

The deck furniture on deck 15 was tied down at night - things go bump in the night.

Encountered strong crosswinds rocking the ship and the doors to the deck 14 elevator foyer needed to be

shut firmly otherwise a persistent whistling noise.

The only loud parties will be your own unless the neighbors in stateroom next door want to join you or make one of their own.

Be careful with the player piano it can play without you ! LOL !

Back to the noise - inside the stateroom it is really quiet and well insulated - I would suppose that if the entertainment

on the pool deck was amped up that you would hear some of it but for the most part it would be during a sail-away party

or daytime tropical cruise and maybe an evening "White Night" party - so not a persistent annoyance.

The features and amenities are OUTSTANDING for this category of stateroom:

LINK to YouTube video:

Other Video LINKS:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=NCL+JADE+14000&fr=ymyy-t-999&fr2=p%3Amy%2Cm%3Asb&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001&type=sbc_dsl

Click for deck image Deck 14   - 

H1

Features

- Separate bedroom with king-sized bed
- Private bathroom with whirlpool tub and separate shower
- Floor to ceiling glass doors that open to private balconies
- Two additional bedrooms with private baths and showers
- Living room, dining room
- CD/DVD library
- Minibar, refrigerator, safe
- Television, music console, phone, hairdryer.

Perks

Butler / Concierge / Priority Check In / Priority Debarkation / Priority Tender Boarding / Dining in the Stateroom / Fresh Fruit / Welcome Champagne / Complimentary Mini-bar Setup / Thick Cotton Robes / Pillow Menu / Complimentary limo service from pier to airport / Espresso & Cappuccino machine / Special suite menus / Bliss collection pillow-top mattress / Treats delivered to door every night /

Sleeps 6 adults, plus room for 2 rollaway beds and 3 cribs. Amenities also include white tablecloth in-suite dining, priority reservations for the ship\\\'s specialty restaurants, spa and entertainment venues, access to The Haven Courtyard (which has a pool valet, private pool, sundeck, hot tub, and fitness area), as well as invitations to private events. Distinctive key card, butler available to unpack luggage, bottled water, full in-suite breakfast menu, breakfast and lunch at specialty restaurant, fresh flower arrangement, and plush slippers and towels.
Amenities are subject to change without notice.

6 bottles of complimentary booze

With this type of stateroom you would not want to go anywhere

else on the ship

Hope your bid will be successful !

Mine was - play it forward !

We will be on the Dawn in the GV in March.  Do you have recent pictures you can share?

We will be on the Dawn in the GV in March.  Do you have recent pictures you can share?

Michelle

Working on that - multiple photos taken on a couple of days - trying to edit to make a continuous walk thru.

Are you in the 14000 suite (starboard) or the 14500 (port) the mirror image ?

Concierge was Roel Gonzales - Butler is a rotating assignment.

26 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Michelle

Working on that - multiple photos taken on a couple of days - trying to edit to make a continuous walk thru.

Are you in the 14000 suite (starboard) or the 14500 (port) the mirror image ?

Concierge was Roel Gonzales - Butler is a rotating assignment.

We are in 14000 as well. Was Roel a good concierge? We have had bad experiences with the last 2 concierges, so we are hoping for a good one this time.  (Providing Roel is still the concierge in March)

4 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

Thanks to everyone who replied. I am thinking for just the two of us (the other party just cancelled) we

will stay where we are.

Such a shame - the Garden Villa with it's 3 bedroom occupancy of 7 (3 double beds and a convertible couch)

is something that really should be shared with all that 5000+ square feet of space.

Won my bid too late to get others on board - but monies were already committed could not cancel the upgrade.

For future planning take the Fare for the Garden Villa and double it (double occupancy rate) and then divide it by 6

and this luxury suite can be had for not much more than a balcony stateroom. Pool your resources and get the best.

On 11/10/2018 at 5:56 PM, Relax@Sea said:

Yes if you want Lobster and Steak it is extra but they set up most of the meal for free.

@Relax@Sea how did you set this up?  They are telling me there is no free option that special events can do it but at a cost. (we don't necessarily need lobster/steak). Thanks!

2 minutes ago, ebth2306 said:

@Relax@Sea how did you set this up?  They are telling me there is no free option that special events can do it but at a cost. (we don't necessarily need lobster/steak). Thanks!

Discuss this on the ship with the Concierge they will tell you what is no charge and what you will be charged for.

I.E. when I get on the ship I mention to the Concierge that I would like to have a party in my suite, then they will get back to you what they can do for you. On 2 sailings I had a barbeque in my courtyard area. "Below is a Photo"

Just to clarify that with all that I requested there was a charge for some things.

P2190746.JPG

12 minutes ago, ebth2306 said:

As you will notice that it is allowed with some restrictions, the Concierge will inform you of that.

If you have any more questions let me know.

4 minutes ago, Relax@Sea said:

As you will notice that it is allowed with some restrictions, the Concierge will inform you of that.

If you have any more questions let me know.

Edited by ebth2306
Missed previous post