upgrade wifi?

smurf1635

Tried this on Breakaway, 10/16/2018, didn't work. The internet manager showed me the page online that says you can upgrade the 250 minutes perk to only the basic online or the unlimited online at an additional cost of a couple of hundred dollars, with $125 credit for the 250 minute perk, (on my 11 day trip). I, like you, wanted just to move up to Social Media at about $35, they won't do it!

Yes, it's about $100 more.

6 hours ago, neilkear said:

Tried this on Breakaway, 10/16/2018, didn't work. The internet manager showed me the page online that says you can upgrade the 250 minutes perk to only the basic online or the unlimited online at an additional cost of a couple of hundred dollars, with $125 credit for the 250 minute perk, (on my 11 day trip). I, like you, wanted just to move up to Social Media at about $35, they won't do it!

Social media is a down grade, not an upgrade, because it is limited in scope.

Edited by zqvol

I just called NCL to ask if this could be done and the woman told me absolutely not. She said you will need just purchase the package you want.  I said will they take the $105 (the cost of the 250 minutes) and apply it towards the unlimited WiFi package and she said no, you cannot do that.  I’m hoping she is wrong 

1 hour ago, NYcruzzer said:

DW and I are Platinum Plus. Any chance we can apply our free 120 minutes towards the purchase of an unlimited plan ? If not I guess we will just purchase an additional 250 minutes...

Unless it's been changed, no.  Platinum minutes don't have a redeemable value.  

15 hours ago, Sunshine42794 said:

I just called NCL to ask if this could be done and the woman told me absolutely not. She said you will need just purchase the package you want.  I said will they take the $105 (the cost of the 250 minutes) and apply it towards the unlimited WiFi package and she said no, you cannot do that.  I’m hoping she is wrong 

She is wrong, you will have to opportunity to upgrade when you first log in.  If not, speak to the Internet Manager onboard.  It's about $85 as someone mentioned, to upgrade to the Unlimited (non-streaming) wifi.

20 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

She is wrong, you will have to opportunity to upgrade when you first log in.  If not, speak to the Internet Manager onboard.  It's about $85 as someone mentioned, to upgrade to the Unlimited (non-streaming) wifi.

Correct. Just did that.  However, I had the internet manager do it for me.  Reason, I wanted 4 different devices we had to have access to the internet (one at a time).  Manager did it quickly and placed an 2 icons on each device for quick connect and disconnect.  It was $85  after getting credit for our free 250 minutes. We used non refundable OBC for that $85.  The 120 free Platinum minutes could not be credited however.  This was on the Dawn recently.  

21 hours ago, Sunshine42794 said:

She is wrong, but you have to do it on the ship.