Grandeur of the Seas, Voyage of the Saints, November 10-22, 2018

rafinmd

Roy,

Were you assigned your disembarkation waiting area? Did it feel strange to have to be out of your room by 08:30? 

I'm glad you were able to find some food today for restocking. 

I enjoyed reading along. Sailaway on Saturday for 'O'.

Carole

Wildcatfish, I see you're on the same itinerary as me.  It's awesome.  Carole,  you're spoiled by HAL's efficiency in turning rooms around at both ends of the embark/debark process.  I can't verify that any other cruise line I sail allows people to stay in their cabins until disembarkation, and it's far from the norm to have rooms ready on embarkation.  I know Cunard does, but even on Crystal and HAL's likely closest partner, Seabourn rooms are not ready at embarkation.

The assignment of the departure location was probably more of a suggestion than a requirement, probably to balance the loads on the rooms and keep crowds down.  The Theater had more than ample room for the people waiting there; the majority of the rows were empty or had only 1 or 2 people in them.

Roy

Wonderful review, Roy, thank you. I am an avid deck walker, too.

Hubby and I are on a 12 day January 2020 Grandeur cruise to the Caribbean. We have been on Grandeur several times and love that it leaves from the easily drivable port of Baltimore.

Enjoy your future cruises. Antarctica is one of our favorite destinations and one to which we might return.

Edited by Bookish Angel

Roy

You do an excellent job on your review and pictures.

Yes -- things have changed in 48 years.  All of our grocery stores are open for at least 8 - 9 hours on Thanksgiving -- just in case people forget anything.  Wasn't that way years ago.  We actually had 2 malls stay closed on Thursday  while others opened at 5 PM.