Ischia, Procida, Capri Help, especially ferries

roothy123

I am trying to find a good web site that provides times of ferries and hydrofoils to these three islands from Naples Beverello or Porta di Massa piers.  By "times" I mean not just departure, but also arrival at each island.  I have found a couple sites that give departure times but not much more.  I'd love to find something that combines all the info I need. 

If any of these ferries/hydrofoils leave from Porta Di Massa rather than Beverello, is it a short walk to Massa from Beverello?  Does the shuttle I read about go frequently between the two ferry dock locations?  Does the information posted at Beverello include information on ferries going out from Massa?

Also, if you have taken a ferry/hydrofoil to any of these islands, I'd be interested in finding out if you remember seeing any lighthouses along the way.  

I've read quite a bit about Capri, so what I'm most interested in is the other two islands, including how to get there!  

Has anyone been to Procida?  Is it worthwhile for a short visit?  I'm mainly interested in photography, and it sounds decent for that.  

Unless things have changed, Massa is only used for the larger slower car ferries and not relevant to most cruisers.  Procida is the one place still on our future bucket list.  You actually pass by that small island on your way to Ischia.  There are very few ferries so you must time it well.  

Hank

Here is where you get the schedules for all ferries in the Bay of Naples for Procida, Ischia, Capri and Sorrento. 

https://www.naplesbayferry.com/en/index

It doesn't give you the times of arrival, but it gives you the duration of the trip - 1 hour, 50 minutes, etc.

In Italian 'traghetto' is ferry, 'aliscafo' is hydrofoil.

Here is a hint for searching for ferries in Italy.  Enter "traghetto Napoli Ischia" or "traghetto Genova Portofino" or whichever cities you are looking for.  You will get the Italian websites, but normally they have an English link.  Look for the British flag somewhere on the home page.

Edited by marazul
  • Like 1

I've taken the hydrofoil from Naples to Capri roundtrip; Sorrento to Capri roundtrip; and Sorrento to Ischia roundtrip. I do not recall seeing any lighthouses, although coming out of Sorrento (if you know what you're looking for) you can see the remains of some ancient Roman villas that were built along the coast.

4 hours ago, marazul said:

Here is a hint for searching for ferries in Italy.  Enter "traghetto Napoli Ischia" or "traghetto Genova Portofino" or whichever cities you are looking for.  You will get the Italian websites, but normally they have an English link.  Look for the British flag somewhere on the home page.

Just be aware that when you do this most of the sites that come up are resellers who tack on a fee for their services, sometimes a significant one.  Also, there's no guarantee that a third party site is kept up to date so look to see when the site was last updated.

I often check the capri.net web site for ferry times because they do keep their information up to date but I would NEVER buy a ticket from them, their service fees verge on usury.

Unfortunately, in my experience the web sites of the actual service providers rarely offer English language pages so it can be difficult if you don't read at least a little Italian.  In that case, use the reseller sites in English to get a sense of what is available but do post so that one of us can verify the information for you from the supplier's site.

Edited by euro cruiser

On 11/9/2018 at 11:01 AM, roothy123 said:

Has anyone been to Procida?  Is it worthwhile for a short visit?  I'm mainly interested in photography, and it sounds decent for that.  

I went to Procida this summer and thought it was beautiful and well worth my time to visit there!  I would Definitely go back again😎 I was on Ischia and I left from there.