Breakfast options near Hilton Marina Fort Lauderdale

emerald6273

Presently have 4 night reservation at Hyatt Place Convention Fort Lauderdale in March which includes breakfast. Can save $518 in total if we change to Hilton Marina (standard marina room) which doesn't include breakfast. 

Are there any reasonably priced breakfast options near the Hilton Marina and how does location compare to Hyatt Place? We won't have a car.

7 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The location is almost across the street from each other...a block or two away. Google Maps would confirm that.

The are many cafes and restaurants in the immediate area. I have walked the area many times, but have not eaten in any of them.

It's quite a price difference so I'm tempted to change to the Hilton Marina.

When are you staying?  I'm trying to pick a hotel in that area right now for next Sunday (Nov 18) - Tuesday (20) and am finding with AAA discount that the Hyatt, B, Hilton and Embassy Suites are all within $20/night of each other for a similar type of room.  Im also having a hard time trying to decide on which hotel to stay at?

4 minutes ago, Lightngsvt said:

When are you staying?  I'm trying to pick a hotel in that area right now for next Sunday (Nov 18) - Tuesday (20) and am finding with AAA discount that the Hyatt, B, Hilton and Embassy Suites are all within $20/night of each other for a similar type of room.  Im also having a hard time trying to decide on which hotel to stay at?

Since you are staying two nights, do you plan to do some sightseeing and/or beach time?  If so, I would chose the B Ocean for its location: on the beach, on the sun trolley route (www.suntrolley.com) and close to a water taxi stop (www.watertaxi.com).  The beach strip is great for walking (all the other hotels are in an area of strip shopping malls).

13 minutes ago, Lightngsvt said:

I'm staying in Fort Lauderdale in March 2019. From UK and don't have AAA membership.

1 hour ago, Lightngsvt said:

Embassy Suites is NOT similar to Hilton or Hyatt. Embassy Suites basic room is a two room suite. Hilton nor Hyatt have that as a basic room. Everyone at Embassy Suites gets breakfast and free drinks and food (Manager's Reception) for two hours every night. Hilton and Hyatt don't do that.

Well definitely switched to Hilton Marina. Managed to get Hilton to do their price match guarantee after seeing cheaper rate on Expedia. Hilton not only price matched but deducted another 25% off the Expedia rate making a grand total of £389 ($505) for 4 nights in March. 

• Like 1

To correct my original post, the price spread was closer to $40/night.  I also booked the Hilton Marina in 2 weeks at $254 for 2 nights.  Was tempted to stay at the Margaritaville again (LOVE that place!), but at over $590/2 nights the Hilton seems like a huge bargain.  Hopes it's decent!

We’ve stayed at the Hilton marina several times.  Not great but decent.  We’re staying again at the end of the month.  The tower rooms are definitely better vs the marina front rooms. The bathrooms give little privacy but no biggy for the 2 of us. The location is great near trolley, water taxi just no beach. Pool area is nice.  If you get a high floor facing the port you can see the ships. We prefer the Hilton resort or Conrad but wanted to save some money this time. ( over $100 difference.) And the marina does not charge a resort fee.