dining package restaurant selection when boarding

mcatmcat

Hi

This is my first time buying the 3 night dining package -symphony-and I was wondering to what specialty restaurant  do I have to go when boarding to pick the rest of the venues for the package, I want t do this as soon as we board to book the restaurant and time for the one that we really want. Also, we are interested in 830pm is that time more difficult to book or do you think its easier?

Thank you 

I haven't been on Symphony yet but all the other ships I've been on there's been a slip or voicemail in the room with what restaurant they've booked you into.

I've never had a problem changing it. On Explorer for example they always book me in at Giovannis but I change it to Chops when I board. I like both, but sailing out of Sydney while dining at Chops is just that bit more special (no windows at Giovannis on that ship) 🙂

As for dinner times (again never having been on Symphony) I find it's harder to get a reservation between 6-7pm. From 5:30pm or after 8:30pm I never have any problems.

Edited by Ewing

On 11/10/2018 at 6:57 PM, mcatmcat said:

I was wondering to what specialty restaurant  do I have to go when boarding to pick the rest of the venues for the package, I want t do this as soon as we board to book the restaurant and time for the one that we really want. Also, we are interested in 830pm is that time more difficult to book or do you think its easier?

Any of the specialty restaurants onboard can manage all your bookings for you.  We just stop at the first one we pass when boarding and manage all that right away.  We've eaten at all different times and never had trouble getting venues/times preferred.

On 11/10/2018 at 3:57 PM, mcatmcat said:

Hi

This is my first time buying the 3 night dining package -symphony-and I was wondering to what specialty restaurant  do I have to go when boarding to pick the rest of the venues for the package, I want t do this as soon as we board to book the restaurant and time for the one that we really want. Also, we are interested in 830pm is that time more difficult to book or do you think its easier?

Thank you 

We just got off Symphony and made all our reservations as soon as we boarded. There was a small line at 150 and we were told to go up to Wonderland, which we did and there was no line at all. Just a FYI, We were told, and it was true last week,  Symphony does not  assign a first night or time.  We had the BOGO and the 5 night and made all our reservations in less then 5 minutes. 6:30 - 7 is when most reservations are made, we made all ours at 8:30 and had no problems. We were not able to book Hibachi grill with a package but the Wonderland hostess said if we went to the restaurant and a grill was not filled they would probably let us go to the grill without a up-charge. . All the restaurants are great, think about adding the BOGO to your plan for $40.00, they were allowing you to use 1 BOGO for 2 people.  Symphony is awesome, we were on the 12 night transatlantic and never ran out of things to do.