Christmas Ornaments

GORDONCHICK

I like to collect magnets from my favourite ports if I can get them. Love Debbie's idea about glueing a magnet to the back of a special little something to make my own magnet though :)

I also like to collect playing cards from the places I visit :) Makes the next game of cards a little special in remembering the lovely place they came from and the wonderful holiday that went with it :D

• 3 weeks later...
I started collecting those little gold ornaments that are sold on the ships with the name on the ship (they are 3D cut out) and the ship on them. They are $5.00 each and I have 9 out of 10 of the ships I have sailed on. I found it's neat that the ship style is very close to the actual ship shape (Legend is longer and slim as opposed to the Imagination is smaller). These are non breakable and I look forward to adding more in the near future.

I also started collecting these.

I am in need for the following Carnival ship ornament

Celebration- Carnival Glory- Carnival Victory- Imagination

Any body planning on going on these cruises I can send you the money ahead

my email is mbolchoz1@bellsouth.net

Thanks in advance

Cheri

I collect Xmas ornaments from my travels too and have quite a lot now including the gold cut out ships from cruises, an eifel tower with santa climbing it, an enamel bear from china, satin heart on ribbon from Verona,Italy, a red apple bell from New York, and a clear ball ornament with sand and shells from Hawaii. I love my tree each year and the memories come flooding back all over again as I hang each travel ornament.I also collect fridge magnets but thats another story......

lol we have so many magnets i think we need a new fridge! i used to collect christmas ornaments, but a few years ago (i worked in retail!!) mom & i decided to skip christmas, the tree and all the presents and go on vacation..so that's what we do....we get 1 gift each...or maybe 2..usually jammies and slippers, a little tiny 'tree' and we make a nice dinner.....then we go on a crusie....

• 3 weeks later...

We collect xmas ornaments mostly from the different ports, but mainly our interests is in pewter magnets from cruise ships. Some of the xmas pewter ornaments that we got, we glued a magnet on the back to convert it into a fridge magnet. Sometimes, when the ship does not sell pewter magnets, we would buy a keychain with the pewter attached to it and convert that to a magnet too. Looks like lots of magnet collectors here.......anyone with extras on xmas ornaments from cruise ships or cruise ships magnets for sale, pls email me at vancheng@telus.net Thanks. Happy cruisin!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just bought a small tree (after Christmas sale) to decorate next year as a cruise tree. I'd like to collect ornaments from our trips. We are going on the RC Voyager in March--does anyone need anything from that ship? Please check my list below to see if you have an extra ornament (or something that could be used as one) from any of my past cruises. My eBay ID is janeysotherstuff.

Thanks!

I just bought a small tree (after Christmas sale) to decorate next year as a cruise tree. I'd like to collect ornaments from our trips. We are going on the RC Voyager in March--does anyone need anything from that ship? Please check my list below to see if you have an extra ornament (or something that could be used as one) from any of my past cruises. My eBay ID is janeysotherstuff.

Thanks!

I too started collecting the small ship ornaments. I love them! I like the ones that actually look like the painted model. RCI looks like theirs and Carnival's look like theirs as well. Someone on the Pride this week is picking one up for me as I did not remember one when we went. People will help you out that way. I need Serenade of the Seas. I will get one eventually.

We also collect ornaments from everywhere we go. Over the last few years we have either been on a ship or on vacation for Christmas so I take our tree along and hang our ornaments. We have also done the keychain when we couldn't find an ornament. This year I added a nice shell we found on the beach and ornaments we can add a picture to of our favorite port or activitie. It is fun trying to find that special ornament that will help you remember the places you've been. It is also fun unwrapping them every year.

• 4 weeks later...

:) I love all your stories about keeping your travel memories alive through your Christmas ornaments and magnets. So many creative ideas!

Liz...perhaps an idea you would want to consider if you don't find that ornament on ebay...I recently saw in a catalogue much like Lillian Vernon, a generic cruise ship ornament that you could order and paint or write on yourself. You could put your cruise ship name, date of sailing, etc.

Best of luck.

Underthestars13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i also collect ornaments, magnets,paper money and gold charm i wanted to start again sold it so i can pay for fertility treatment.it took me 19 and 1/2 years to have this second one.and i started my little son his own globe the one with water in it.. so far he has 2. well his only 2. going to alaska in aug so he will be getting more.anyone want ornament from alaska and serenade boat let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

We collect the ornaments too, sorry I did not see this just a few weeks ago as we were on the Victory and I got the model ship with the Victory name on it. We have enough of the brass cut outs so this time I went for the ship but it is a bit larger than the cut outs. I've done the keychain thing too but never thought of getting the magnets and glueing a ribbon to them.

Now, this has given me an idea. We went on Victory specifically to be in St Maarten for DH's 50th birthday so he could watch the planes land over the beach at the airport west of Phillipsburg. I searched for an ornament to remind us of our cruise and ended up with a little blue deflt santa (from the dutch side of course) but now I am thinking a small airplane ornament would be just the thing to remind him. The best picture we got was an American Airlines plane arriving, any idea if they sell ornaments at the airports? On the airline web sites? Funny getting an airplane ornament to remind you of a cruise! :D

• 1 month later...

We also collect Christmas ornaments- sometimes when I can't find an "ornament" I like, I buy something that will remind me of the port instead. For example, in Nassau, I bought a "walking turtle" made out of a coconut shell- they sold them everywhere, and I thought that would be a great thing to hang on the tree. I like to have a bunch of different things on the tree.

I always buy a XMAS ornament at every port, EVEN if we've been there before. Since we have been to some of the ports many times (Grand Cayman, for one), I take a fine point Sharpie and "personalize" the back of the ornament with the ship's name and year of sailing.

CeleBrat

when we got home I found matchbox like cars that were the same model as David's car. Of course I bought white ones, I banged them up a little and then painted one door blue. I marked the cruise date on it, put a ribbon hanger on it and mailed one to our friends and put one on our Christmas tree. Each year we re-live our time with David as we hang that "ornament" on our tree

LOL...loved that story and the idea with the Christmas ornament :)

• 2 months later...
We also have "travel trees" and have lots of fun looking for unique ornaments when on vacation. My children always save their sail & sign cards, soda cards, forgotten room keys, etc. When we get home I just punch a hole in the card and attach a ribbon. They're actually kinda cute!

Know that Princess is now confiscating cruise cards upon disembarking the ships.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi..

Every time I go on a cruise I always buy a ship model ornaments of the ship that I cruised on which cost around $10.00 to $12.00.

I have a wonderful collection..

They are very cute. They look identical to the ship you are on and has the name of the ship also on it and it is also and ornament. It is a great collector's item to remember all the ship's you have cruised on

My godson accidentally dropped 2 of my small ship ornaments and they broke and I am looking to replace them.

If possible if anyone is going on either the Carnival Fascination or Carnival Triumph can someone be able to purchase for me a Carnival ship model ornament from either of those ships if they are cruising on it.

I will mail you payment first before for purchase of ship ornament & also shipping before you go on cruise.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lidia

• 1 year later...

i also collect xmas ornaments for all the places we go from Aquaruim ,zoo ,museum,park,cruise ships, i pick a couple for me and my son if i can find Xmas ornaments i improvised.232323232%7Ffp88%3B%3Enu%3D3293%3E439%3E5%3A%3B%3E238443969%3C244ot1lsithis is from santorini greece

232323232%7Ffp898%3Enu%3D3293%3E448%3E339%3E238444842%3A244ot1lsithis a keychain the other on the left side not sure what u do with it but i turn them into an ornament

• 2 weeks later...

Archived